Author Topic: How was everyone's Memorial Day weekend?  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
How was everyone's Memorial Day weekend?
« on: May 27, 2015, 03:34:26 PM »
Did you do anything fun?  Any good stories?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How was everyone's Memorial Day weekend?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:20:01 PM »
All I know is I thought I had a nice long weekend and it still flew by.   ???

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 09:58:26 AM »
No good stories - just long and relaxing!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 02:49:35 PM »
Busy. As a merchant mariner, I had to work the whole weekend.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 02:18:52 PM »
I just helped a friend prepare his house to sell.  Ended up getting sun burned which wasn't fun.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 09:00:19 PM »
I had my son's High School Graduation on Monday, so the entire weekend was filled with related activities. this weekend is my younger daughter's Confirmation.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 12:17:29 AM »
I worked all weekend (nights) but my neighbor surprised me by bringing a plate to my job.

I had my son's High School Graduation on Monday, so the entire weekend was filled with related activities. this weekend is my younger daughter's Confirmation.

Congratulations, sir!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 04:14:11 AM »
We went to the beach at my daughter's insistence and against my judgement. It was freezing and windy and we were covered in sand. However, it's was nice to be reminded that summer is almost here!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 05:06:10 PM »
Our family went to the mid-day Memorial service in town. Very nice. Reading out the numbers of vet's killed in various wars.  A changing of the flag. A rifle salute. Speech. Heavy participation by the local Civil Air Patrol.

Lunch was provided by the 'Black Chicken', a new beer/wine shop (with light snacks).

I worked in the garden in the afternoon for a few hours.

In the evening, we had a potluck dinner at an area church, followed by 2 hours of English Country Folk Dance. 

Very nice day.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 04:33:49 PM »
Have to append mine:  I participated in a service that the Son's of the American Revolution do each year honoring deceased veterans from all wars.  It is a touching and moving service done each year in a local cemetery to honor all who died in wars.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 11:33:46 PM »
Have to append mine:  I participated in a service that the Son's of the American Revolution do each year honoring deceased veterans from all wars.  It is a touching and moving service done each year in a local cemetery to honor all who died in wars.

I bet that was a touching and moving service. 

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 05:39:01 AM »
Being an Aussie, and never having heard of Memorial day, it sounds like ANZAC day for Australians and New Zealanders, I have utmost respect for our soldiers who serve our countries and place themselves in harm's way. I could never be a soldier, I could never shoot at someone, But my brother serves
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 04:54:29 PM »
It is, Tyler.  Various patriotic groups participate.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 07:22:57 PM »
Nice quiet weekend at home!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Enter your email address: