Author Topic: Just For Men Action?  (Read 4578 times)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Just For Men Action?
« on: May 20, 2015, 11:51:19 AM »
A Facebook page sent me a message this afternoon that indicates there may be a class action forming against Just For Men due to burns some guys claim to have experienced from using the product.

I will not be part of such an action, but I am intrigued as to how much an individual possibly could expect to receive for what at most seem to be skin irritation type injuries that might have prompted some guys to go to a doctor for a topical relief medication.

Have there been any reports of someone being permanently disfigured from using this stuff?

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Just For Men Action?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 12:08:21 PM »
I use it now and again on my beard... Note to self: you're bald! Where else were you thinking of using it?!.... Never had a problem....  And I have sensitive skin lol... But I only leave it on for 3 mins, so I have some grey left.... I like the salt/pepper look... It states not to leave more than 5 mins, so perhaps some people have?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 01:39:41 PM »
Some people have sensitivity to the ingredients in hair dye.  If the instructions are followed, you should do a spot test and wait at least 24 hours before using any brand of dye on your entire head or beard.  I suspect most people that had severe reactions skipped the test.  I have never had even mild irritation.
SlyBeard

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 07:48:17 PM »
I never had a bad reaction to it either, and my skin is pretty sensitive.  However, I do know people that did have bad irritation from it.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 09:35:58 AM »
My partner tried it on my eyebrows once (which, left to their own devices will attain a life of their own) and it burned like heck. I'll never try that again -- now I just keep the brows trimmed and tidy with clippers.

But never in my wildest dreams would I assume I'm deserved damages for a few minutes of discomfort.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 10:23:35 AM »
Longer response (edited).

What happened to taking responsibility for your own actions and using some common sense with products?

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 02:28:05 PM »
I use it on beard/goatee and never had any problems x

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 10:18:17 PM »
I don't have sensitive skin, but do have allergic reactions to beard dye.  I think reactions may very among people, but I can't imagine anything worth a law suit.   I was reading something yesterday about "cross sensitization", which I understood to be possible if you become sensitized to hair dye.  Other products with some of the same ingredients may cause problems too.  One of them is an ingredient in some type of local anesthesia for dental work. ---what would that look like, I wonder?  Would your gums swell and itch? 

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 09:42:11 AM »
I don't use any of that stuff. Everyone can tell it's a dye job.

The plaintiffs will get about $14 each and the lawyers will fatten their pocket books. :o
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 04:45:07 PM »

The plaintiffs will get about $14 each and the lawyers will fatten their pocket books. :o

The only winners will be the lawyers!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 07:41:32 PM »

Essentially the cost of two more boxes of JFM.   :*))

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 04:17:28 AM »

Have to disagree, partly lol, I use it every 6-8 weeks, I only leave it on for 3 minutes max, and it covers around 75% and looks natural, but I agree when you see guys in their 50's with a very dark brown beard, it looks stuck on lol

Enter your email address: