Author Topic: Shave or save?  (Read 2153 times)

Offline flaksalan

• Learning the way of Sly
Shave or save?
« on: May 19, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »
Hi! I'm 23 years old and I've had receding hair line for a long time. In the mirror my face looks (to me) kind of normal, but in photos my forehead looks super big. Should I shave or should I wait?

Off topic: Also my forehead is really shiny. Any advice on that is appreciated. I'm using mild shampoo and washing face with water in morning and afternoon. Staying hydrated during day, eating well and working out. Had some issues with acne before.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Shave or save?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 01:39:32 PM »
Welcome to the board, sir.

You have what looks to me to be the early stage of a receding hairline. It happened and will continue to happen to a lot of us at your age. I don't see anything unusual about how you look.

My opinion is that you should do what makes you feel good. If you are not ready to shave (and the fact you are asking us indicates to me that you are not certain) I would suggest you take your time and enjoy what you have while you have it and until you really want to try something else.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 08:37:20 PM »
Cutting it a bit shorter will de-emphasize the receding hairline a bit.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 11:36:09 PM »
IMHO you still have enough hair left that you do not "have" to shave.  But, you ought to test fly a sly dome if you want to.  It is easy to grow it back if you don't like it.

Until you do actually shave, I recommend that you change your hairstyle to de-emphasize the the thinning/receding hairline.  Try a high, tight fade on the sides and take the top quite a bit shorter as well.  This will emphasize the hair that is on the top of your head.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 02:21:45 AM »
I think you have excellent coverage for now...but if you want to experiment with going shorter or sly, I think it's worth a shot.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.