Author Topic: What are good sunscreen options?  (Read 5385 times)

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
What are good sunscreen options?
« on: May 17, 2015, 07:12:52 PM »
I was just wondering what others are using for a sunscreen? I'm using a generic spray on pharmacy brand SPF30 that I picked up back in April to get me started.

I was also wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. After I apply the sunscreen my head looks like I used clear coat from a body shop. My head is always shinny even on the cloudiest of days, but when I use this stuff the shine is just wild. My head is dry to the touch, but it has that wet look that looks like I spent hours polishing. I'm indifferent about it I guess, but it is bold. Just wondering if that's normal.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: What are good sunscreen options?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 07:23:06 PM »
I just use the drug store brand in the tube. Yes, it will shine you up good, probably has a moisturizing oil in it. I like my head extra shiny anyway. I use my mixture of witch hazel, aloe gel, and tea tree oil. About 3 coats after shaving does it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 09:46:04 PM »
i use Neutrogena spray on sunscreen.  It is never greasy, never gives my head a shiny look, doesn't feel like I have anything on. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Beadog

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 11:53:26 AM »
I am at the beach this week. My favorites off the rack at Wally World are the Neutrogena Sheer Touch and the Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch  sun screens. Both are non-greasy and work well. I prefer the lotion over the sprays, personally. The Headhunter Clear looks great, but I haven't seen it on any local vendor shelves.

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 01:27:49 PM »
My biggest issue is having the sunscreen run off when sweating and getting in my eyes. Irritating and hard to deal with when you wear contacts - can't just rinse out the eyes!

I used to like the HeadLube SPF from Headblade. However, they discontinued it a while ago.

I saw an announcement though that they are coming out with an SPF spray that should be on their site for sale sometime this week.  Hopefully it will be as good!