Author Topic: help convincing father  (Read 4401 times)

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
help convincing father
« on: May 16, 2015, 08:14:59 AM »
Anyone that got any tipa on how i can convince my father that a tattoo is a good idea? Its going to be a tattoo honoring both sides of me family. The thing is he is really conservative and i am aware that i don't need his approval to sobit bit since i haven't found a appartment yet and i still live at home i don't wanna deal with his bs everytime he sees the tattoo

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: help convincing father
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 10:10:57 AM »
It may be very hard to convince him if he associates tattoos with unsavory characters or if he feels that having a tattoo may limit your possibilities in life (some careers are still pretty conservative).  Perhaps you could ask him what he is concerned about and see if that helps.  It sounds like you have a modest design in mind, so that might also help with his concerns.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »
npsbg made a good suggestion. You may also want to consider having the tat situated someplace that's easily covered so your dad won't even see it.
Hair is over rated.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 04:30:32 AM »
Who is paying the bills?  Is dad still paying your rernt, food, clothing, etc?  If so, it is good to honor his wishes while you are still living at home.

When you are fully out on your own paying your own way 100% he may have less say in the issue. Not getting a tattoo is not the end of the world. You'll live without it. As the others have pointed out, depending upon what you get and where, it may limit your job possibilities in the future.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 07:42:05 AM »
I didn't get a tattoo until I was in my late 20's.... Nothing bad happened before then, no one thought I was missing out on anything,.... If you have to wait..... wait... then get how ever many you want

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 03:45:38 PM »
Who is paying the bills?  Is dad still paying your rernt, food, clothing, etc?  If so, it is good to honor his wishes while you are still living at home.

Yeah I understand were you are coming from :) But I pull my weight around here. If he does pay for the food then yes, he gets to decide on what food we should eat and how it should be cooked etc. If he pays for the house the final say in what happens for the house should be his. I pay for my clothes therefore i can buy whatever clothing i wish. I make my own money therefore i should be able to spend them however i wish. When it comes to the tattoo it is my body, nobody owns it but me therefore i get to decide what happens to it. I will be paying for it therefore i will be deciding what I am going to tattoo and where to place it. Saying he has a say in matters that he can't or dosen't contribute to is false. This is one of those choices that is entierly mine, and if someone else lays a claim on that choice, I call facism.

I've been thinking to that career stuff and i've actually planned on placing it somewhere were it can't be seen on interviews.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 02:50:21 PM »
If you're already planning on having it placed where it won't show during any job interviews why would it show when your dad is around? Are you planning on telling him about it or showing it to him?  If not, then he won't know about it and, therefore, can't give you any bs about it.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 07:51:56 PM »
Sounds like you've made up your mind already . Good luck with your farther.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Cardelli

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 05:45:56 AM »
I don't wanna lie to my father about it, but it would be nice to make him accept it more :)

Enter your email address: