Author Topic: We are everywhere!  (Read 9521 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
We are everywhere!
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:24:26 AM »
I just returned from the local home improvement store on a quiet Tuesday morning. There were 4 employees sporting shaved heads, and 3 customers including me shaved bald. A worker and customer, both shaved were talking, so I walked up to them and said "I see we all have our summer haircuts". We all had a good laugh. I could tell the worker was freshly sly as his scalp was pretty white.

Looks like sly is THE in style this summer. I'm still waiting for my brother to come over for his first headshave, should be soon.

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: We are everywhere!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 08:11:07 PM »
Cool story, sir.

I notice another shaved head every now and again, but the novelty of being smooth has worn off for me after two years. Thanks for sharing the comeradery.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:24 PM »
Thanks for sharing, reddog. For me, I only take notice if someone I know does it for the first time or if they do it after an extended period of not shaving.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »
I  am currently visiting the US from my home in Australia mainly in California,  Nevada  and Utah.   Was in the splash pool of my first accommodation in Oceanside CA and there was another bald head there,just the two uf us.  Before i had a chance to comment another  sly guy came along and asked was he  acceptable  to join us.  Of course we said yes and had a long chat.  I noticed there were three  other bald heads in the main pool.

But what is it with all the tattoos,men and womenl  Being inked at random seems to be the go.

Roger
Roger

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 06:23:51 PM »
I was at s meeting the other day. I was sitting at a table of four. The sole woman at the table said, "which one is not like the other?" I didn't know what she was talking about. I looked around and the three of us men with her were  sly!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 07:24:09 PM »
I'm always game to strike up a conversation with another bald guys and see where it goes. 

We frequently have 'volunteers' visit our work campus for a week at a time.  I always make a point of welcoming the sly guys.  Offer them a SBG business card, if it seems appropriate.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 08:31:39 AM »
Wednesday nights are my one night off from cooking, so I go pick up sandwiches at the local Subway shop. Last night there was a very handsome guy in front of me with a perfectly sly dome. It's always easy to start up a conversation with "I like your haircut".

nuts, tattoos have become very popular here in the States. It's rare I meet anyone new who isn't inked in one way or another. Especially with the under 40 crowd.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »
Today, I attended yet another meeting. This one was for administrators in my district. There were ten male principals. 5 of us were sly; 1 buzzed; 1 horseshoe; 2 donuts; and only one guy with a full head of hair. I was not the only one who noticed. It was the topic of conversation at break time.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 08:15:52 PM »
Thumbs up Michael.

Offline nick2401

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 09:08:31 AM »
When I am hosting Karaoke I always see Sly guys in the audience and when they come up to sing I joke that we share the same barber.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 01:59:26 PM »
Strange but once sly, one always notices other people with sly heads!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:09:08 AM by Goatee »

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 04:19:13 AM »
It's winter over here and I'm loving my beanie, especially in the uninsulated workshop I work in. I did grow it out for about a week, that just proved to me further that shaved is the right way
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 06:06:26 AM »
Strange but once sky one always notices other people with sly heads!

Yep!

Offline usmcpelon

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 07:14:58 AM »
We certainly are.  At my local hardware store (2 of them) there are 4 & 2 bald guys and at the groceries there are 7 just in one store.  Local pharmacies there are 3 combined, department stores combine 8, police department has a total of 12 bald guys and that doesn't count the supporting staff, and I can go on and on.  We have a local military barber shop that does plenty of shaved head daily and it always full.  Everywhere you look there are bald guy in my city.  I'm bald and so are my 4 sons.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 07:29:37 AM »
Wow! That's alot of baldness. What city are you in? I'm expecting to see even more shaved heads as the weather gets warmer in Minnesota.
Bald by choice, and loving it!