Author Topic: Probably going to shave head - HT Scar  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Want2BeFreeAgain

• Learning the way of Sly
Probably going to shave head - HT Scar
« on: April 27, 2015, 06:14:21 AM »
Very Very Quick version of my story. Had a HT by a great doctor back in 2011, loved the results. Got my life back. Noticed a ton of hair fall into the second year (not in the recipient site but the crown) and ended up going to dermatologist to see what was going on. Was diagnosed with Scarring Alopecia (won't explain all about it now) and the hair has continued to fall out and thin. Have been able to cover over with concealers but getting more agressive.

Really thinking about just shaving it off, but I now have an FUT scar from ear to ear (and even above the right ear more so) and I am nervous. Shaved head once before HT and I wasn't a huge fan of it. Some people liked it, but it was hard to get used to. Felt like I had a disease. :( Not sure what to do, but I hate living like this. Was so looking forwar to a second procedure but now I am resigning myself to the truth that that will likely not be a reality. HT scar is wider than I'd like but has gone down a little since a year ago.

Have considered SMP (not too sure about this due to my fair skin) and seeing a derm about options. Any tips/advice?

Like others I have read about, this is huge for me and I am not married (divorced) so this is big. I have had a lot of my confidence attached to my looks for years and this would be big.

Thanks for listening and I am glad to join the force! Love the talk on here and the support!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Probably going to shave head - HT Scar
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 07:36:22 AM »
I don't think you should shave your head. Not because of the scar, but it sounds like you don't like the look. When I see a guy with his head shaved bald, I think it looks good. That is why I'm bald by choice. You might be happier with a buzz cut just short enough to conceal the scar.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 09:44:59 AM »
I know some guys have had success with scar reduction.  But like reddog said, why don't you just try a buzz cut for now and see how you adjust to that.
SlyBeard

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 11:26:35 AM »
I think the guys above have good suggestion with the buzz cut to start off with.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Enter your email address: