Author Topic: The shadow.  (Read 3474 times)

Offline baldingguy23

• Sly Jr.
The shadow.
« on: April 19, 2015, 07:14:51 PM »
...so far i've been shaving my head w/ a 0 clipper to i just have stubble on my head as i have hair on the front of my head..just a bad hairline, and some thinning in the crown but still have some thinning hair there so stubble looks fine on me..

i'm sure in the next year or two i will be shaving my head bald assuming my hair gets worse. i'm white, on the paler side and have brown hair..

i'm wondering.. if i shave w/ a razor is the "stubble" something really noticeable to others or is it pretty much something you over analyze and can even only be seen in the right light?

some bald males i see and the back of their head looks spotless, and others i see where they might as well grow out the horseshoe because it's that noticeable. is it because they don't shave their heads regularly?

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
Re: The shadow.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 07:22:46 PM »
You have any pics?
-Derris The Barber

Offline TSE

• Sly Jr.
    • TheShavingEdge.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 07:05:17 AM »
My hair is dark.  In the right light (florescent light for example) it shows even after I've shaved.  Though, in different lighting (daytime sun) barely noticeable. 

So, I'm of the belief that it's a combination of hair thickness as well as the effect of the light.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 07:32:53 AM »
The lighter your hair, the less it will show a shadow. My hair is white, so I have no shadow at all. Most people assume I'm balding because I shave my head and they are surprised when I tell them I have a full head of hair.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »
You look awesome Reddog. Love that shiny sly chrome dome and the white Van Dyke looks awesome as well. What's great looking combo.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 10:37:05 AM »
Thanks Joe! It's about time we meet for lunch again.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 12:31:38 PM »
I agree. Let's do it soon. Take care buddy. How is your knee doing?

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 07:24:43 PM »
I believe that the whole "shadow" issue is overdone.  For me, it really doesn't matter.  But I know it bugs some people. If I razor shave my head, I am choosing to be shaved bald. If, due to MPB, I have some areas that have "balded" naturally (so there is no shadow) and other areas that have not balded naturally yet (so I have a shadow in those areas), then it's obvious that I am choosing to shave my head, just as I choose to shave my face.  Balding in men over a certain age is actually "natural" and due to maturity.  What hair I have is white, so I don't have a shadow.  Sometimes I am envious of people with a shadow.  It says. "I shave my head and I am proud of it."     

Enter your email address: