Author Topic: First bald summer- how to protect my head  (Read 8421 times)

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
First bald summer- how to protect my head
« on: April 18, 2015, 09:44:57 PM »
I don't want sunburn but I also don't want to wear a hat- I think my head looks good and I want to even out my shadow. Any recommendations? With a buzz I usually just sprayed on on suntan lotion...should I use anything besides lotion?

If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: First bald summer- how to protect my head
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 09:50:10 PM »
I use Neutrogena spray on sunscreen.  It comes in all SPF levels.  It is not at all greasy.  It doesn't come off with sweat - only with soap and water.  It is a bit expensive but it works and it doesn't feel like you have anything on your skin at all.

Offline Harry Bringle

• Introducing myself
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:03:52 AM »
 So, using Neutrogena may be a good option though it's slightly expensive but it doesn't have any side effect on skin.
I am Bringle from Hague,Netherlands.I am always cooperative in nature.I am very much concerned about my fashion & style.So, i wanna know & share everything related to that.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:03:00 PM »
Right. neutrogena products are all skin "care" products.  One of the reasons it is expensive is because it is high quality and the #1 recommended by dermatologists.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 07:30:48 AM »
This is a simple form vs. function question.
The form side of the equation is how I appear to others and how much this concerns me. In that case I will do whatever I believe enhances my appearance.
The function side is simple. What works best for me according to my intentions?
Once I had a chunk of skin cancer removed from my skull I learned that that was not something I wanted to repeat, hence I wear a hat.
If I concern myself more with what I believe others will think of my appearance I will use the sunscreen. I just need to remember that the earlobes are one of the hotspots for skin cancer so when I apply my sunscreen I want to make sure I get some of it on those, too.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 07:44:23 AM »
Thanks Buddha, I never thought about the ear lobes.

Because I am half French, I tan easily. I like my dome tan, so I get lots of sun, in small doses. I never allow myself to burn. Another advantage of shaving my head, I never used sunscreen before  going sly, now I do.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 11:06:04 PM »
I had a melanoma cut from my ear back in 2009 . For my self I now always wear a wide brim hat. Before the melanoma I used a baseball hat and sun lotion, but still had a cancer. 40 years of outside work and play took its toll. My opinion to not wear a wide brim hat is a mistake.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline pjt113

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 09:22:10 AM »
I wear straw Fedoras

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 07:55:12 AM »
I tan very easily too!! Not used sun oil on my dome. I know i should but i dont care and that is so wrong i know!