Author Topic: My dome got burned...HELP!!!  (Read 3300 times)

Offline hondo11

• Sly Guy in Training
My dome got burned...HELP!!!
« on: April 11, 2015, 07:53:26 PM »
Ok, so today I end up in a flag football game. It was 70 and sunny. I didn't think anything about my newly bald head and now here it is 5-6 hours later and it's red. I put some Nivea post shave lotion on it, so I'm hoping that'll help. I didn't get to shave this morning and was planning on shaving tomorrow, but now I'm thinking not. What can I do to make the best of my moron moment???

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: My dome got burned...HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 08:22:10 PM »
For now . . . I would apply some aloe vera gel to help soothe your skin from the damage that was done when you did not apply sun screen.  Hope you heal quick.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 04:13:22 PM »
Be sure you get the pure, non-alcoholic aloe vera gel. That is good stuff!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 08:35:55 PM »
What can I do to make the best of my moron moment???

In all seriousness, learn from it. The cap/hat is your bald scalp's best friend whenever you are outdoors during the day. I always keep one in my car and at my office just in case.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 04:05:11 PM »
Aloe vera is good. It's also good to keep some Maui Babe around.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »
A cautionary tale.  Most new head shavers suffer this early on and quickly learn a lesson.  I agree aloe vera is soothing .
Roger

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 02:04:19 PM »
I was just in Hamilton Bermuda walking on Front Street for several hours and I did get a burn  - - -     dome and nose     I used Bald Guyz  - -moisture gel   and it worked for me.    A burn on the bald noggin is not nice.   
 Next several days I used a lotion and wore a base ball cap.

I like to show off my bald head so I am not fond  of  wearing a hat.  There are time it is a "MUST"

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 03:55:53 PM »
Have done the same thing, last weekend went with the family to armed forces day at Guildford, uk put sun screen on before leaving but somehow during the day the lotion got lost, result one burned dome, applied aloe vera double strength gell, problem solved O0 O0 O0

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 09:05:33 AM »
What can I do to make the best of my moron moment???

In all seriousness, learn from it. The cap/hat is your bald scalp's best friend whenever you are outdoors during the day. I always keep one in my car and at my office just in case.

+1 for the hat as prevention. I wear a boonie or a baseball cap most of the time when I'm out in the sun for more than about 15 minutes. I don't understand the resistance to the idea of a chapeau in here. I mean most of us probably wore them pre-sly, why not now. Of course I have the advantage of the lesson of having a chunk of cancer chopped out of my skull so that kinda gives me a leg up. I don't have that pride thing getting in the way of common sense any more.
If you opt for sun block alone make sure you get some on your ear lobes as well. That's a particularly awkward place to get skin cancer and it's seems to be a spot that a lot of dudes don't think about.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline nick2401

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »
As another preventative measure, I've started keeping a bandana in my back pocket. It is useful to keep sweat out of your eyes AND is great to shield your dome from the sun, or if it gets unseasonably chilly it will add a layer to trap some heat.

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 02:55:52 PM »
 Budda, that's good advice about the hat, why have we guys got to be so macho when it comes to wearing hats, gonna buy me a boonie. O0 O0 O0