Author Topic: Just scared, need a boost  (Read 12189 times)

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Just scared, need a boost
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 04:27:34 PM »
I'm single, who's gonna want a 30 year bald big guy.
I know you didn't mean it that way, but this is highly insulting to all the other 30-something guys here (not to mention those who are even older) who, if you poke around, will see have awesome girlfriends, wives, partners or husbands.

Bald only makes you "undatable" if you make it that way. It's all in your attitude and what's in your head, not what's on your head (or not).

You can make your life what you want it to be, if only you can get out of your own way.

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
You are absolutely right TheSlyBear, I def didnt mean to insult anyone.  And I do apologize for that.  One the other hand you are also right about me getting out of my own way.  I def need to work on that.  Thanks a bunch.  Again with your guyses help I think I can work up the courage.

Offline Derris The Barber

• Sly
Re: Just scared, need a boost: To j_nel_2003
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 05:06:57 PM »
Hey sir. I would like to help you out to get the push to shave your head. Would you mind letting me help you out? I helped another member out here on Friday. What do you say? I'm looking forward to hearing back from ya!
-Derris
-Derris The Barber

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 05:11:06 PM »
I'm sure you're a lot more than a thirty year old big bald guy. Try not to define yourself that way. Once you do it, the fear and worry will subside. The sooner the better, I say. Good luck and hang around for support!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 07:25:46 PM »
Bald is common these days, even among those that still have hair.  I think you will see a boost in your confidence and that will be more attractive to the ladies than a guy with a thick modern hairstyle.
SlyBeard

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 07:42:51 PM »
Thanks again guys, I'm def closer to doing it now thanks to all you guys than I was before.  Again thanks.  I knew this day was coming but I honestly didn't think it would of been this hard.

Offline Nailed_It

• do'er of all the things
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »
nobody is going to notice sir. i am 29 myself and it plays with your mind that people will notice these things. i have two or three small red dots on my head (capilaries, cherry spots, whatever you want to call them, and a small scar/dent on the topish back left. nobody notices them unless i point them out. just do it, i actually enjoy it, mostly because i dont have to worry if anyone notices my thinning hair, now there is none. problem solved
if you think you can,or think you cant... your right. -Henry Ford

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 07:42:27 PM »
I really really appreciate all your comments, I just can't get through my head for some reason, I'm single, who's gonna want a 30 year bald big guy.  It's just scary and I need to get over my own insecurities.  Just not sure how to go about it.  But all of your guyses comments truly help.

Well in about 2 months I turn 30, I'm single, (divorced in fact) I'm balding significantly, much more-so than yourself. I'm a fair bit shorter than you as 177cm (5'10), and have several other things that I would count toward me staying single, actually balding doesn't really factor into it for me
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline SWvic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 08:30:59 PM »
Right ok... Think of it as just a haircut... No biggy!!! And, yeah, your hair is quite thin, so it'll be a massive improvement!

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 09:17:06 PM »
No one really notices minor imperfections in my head.  I have an 1"+ long scar on the lower left back, just below the fringe line, from when I fell down the stairs as an 8 year old (5 stitches). I have a "crease" (that I rather like) on the middle top of my skull at 11:00. in fact no one notices the difference between when I clipper or razor shave.  And I have a neighbor/friend who is big, tall and bald (with a wife and 3 kids) who exudes confidence. He's hard to miss in a crowd....is it because he is confident or big, tall & bald...hard to tell.  It's all about having the confidence to try, to own it, to make being bald just another (minor) part of who you are. Funny thing is, for a lot of balding people, shaving their heads tends to improve their self confidence.  Funny how that works!

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 05:05:55 AM »
Man up and do it, it will be the best thing you do!

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 05:07:09 AM »
I would get the clippers on first (no guard) see what you think.

Offline baldbob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 06:33:07 AM »
I have never seen what I would call a bad head shape. Sure, some guys have more of a classically good head shape than others, but that's true with any aspect of our appearance, not just our head. In my opinion, you do your best with what you have and don't worry about what people think. I respect a guy who has a less than perfect head shape but owns his baldness, shaves or goes really short, and goes on with life. I would love to have that great shape, without scars or other imperfections. I'm not blessed with that, but that's okay. There are more important things than hair. I would do what BBCMark says. Get out the clippers (no guard) and see what you think. That's what I did, then it wasn't a big deal to switch to the razor.

Offline j_nel_2003

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 09:13:46 AM »
thanks guys!!  I clip my sides with a 1 guard right now, then leave the top long, so I kinda know how my sides are gonna look, its just the top back that has all those imperfections.  I tend to make a big deal over things that aren't.  That's what is happening here.  A few of my friends said I should just do it, which helps, plus I have a couple of friends that already do it.  But there heads look good!!  Like everybody has said, its an adjustment period that a guy needs.  Like how I have gotten used to my thin hair.  Was freaking out like crazy when I noticed it, now don't care as much.  I do want to buzz it down, but fear its to late for a buzz, because of how thin it is, but I suppose then it would be time for the razor.

Hey clipped, you would by chance have a pic of that crease you spoke of, because that's kind of what it feels like on my head at the top right.

Thanks again

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »
I'm 29 and 5'11...

I've had women come behind me at bars and start rubbing my head.

Some women will be turned off, but I got lots of compliments, and some women love bald men and most don't care at all.
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Enter your email address: