Author Topic: Products for sensitive skin  (Read 1510 times)

Offline socknoggle

• Sly
  • Grateful follower of Jesus Christ
Products for sensitive skin
« on: April 07, 2015, 09:28:31 AM »
Hey!

I have been shaving my head since August of last year.  I have been having a problem off and on with redness on my scalp, but there are some areas that always seem to be red.  I have tried a number of oils.  I normally use coconut oil and Head Slick.  Can someone recommend oils and or shave cream that is good for sensitive skin?  Should I be using both?

Offline thedirkguy

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Products for sensitive skin
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:24:09 PM »
Im new to this forum but ive been shaving for about two years. What ive learned is that coconut oil is comedogenic. It clogs poors and probably not good for shaving your hear. When i put it on my head or face i tend to break out. Also since i have sensitive skin i cannot use headslick shaving cream because it contains menthol and anything with menthol does NOT go well for sensitive skin folk like myself. I get instant irritation from products that contain menthol. I would drop the shaving oil all together and try Cremo cream. Its the slickest shaving cream ive ever tried and i dropped shaving oils all together. Its 8 bucks a tube, can find it in walmart, target, amazon and maybe local drug stores.