Offline loodyeyes

• Learning the way of Sly
gg
« on: February 03, 2015, 05:33:08 PM »
ggg
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:40:06 AM by loodyeyes »

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
Re: 17 year old, noticed thinning since 13. Should I shave?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:52:39 PM »
Welcome mate, I'm not sure if I followed the whole message in your intro, but yeah some of us do go bald earlier, from your photos you have more hair coverage than I did at 17, and I didn't really give a thought about balding or anything, though I was just going a #2 comb on clippers on my head and a goatee.

I don't really understand the being scared of balding, just when getting my hair cut getting talk about options to try and fight balding (and the price), I just decided, stuff that for a joke and went back to clippers short for a while, then took up shaving.  I reckon facing the balding earlier saves the hanging on to every little bit and loosing the battle quite obviously like the blokes that get the hair loss in the 30s-40s.

also about your english, it was really clear and easy to understand, and I wouldn't have even realised it was a second language for you
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 09:07:48 PM »
 Some things you describe a lump on top and hair loss and redness may be symptoms of something else going on. First see a doctor have this checked out.  Not a dermatologist, get checked out.

It looks like you still have a full head of hair other than in one small spot. You may be obsessed about it and actually causing hair in that spot to come out by pulling at it.

At this point  I would not shave it.  If you find that there is no other cause other than male pattern baldness then do what you want shave it or grow it it is your head.

shine and share

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 11:37:03 AM »
You actually still have a lot of coverage.  I see that little swirl you're talking about, but it honestly does not look bad.  My suggestion, buzz it down to either a #1 or #2, that will make that swirl less noticeable and even out any thinness you might think you have.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 01:10:22 PM »
I agree with the others.  You still have a full head of hair.  Your hair is very long though and its length alone is excess weight that will cause it to fall out.

I agree with the others that if you get a more modern, shorter haircut you won't even notice that spot.

Find a good barbershop in your area.  Once that has young, male barbers.  Go for a nice high fade with #2 on the top.  It'll all be short and even and you won't even notice that spot. 

If however, for some reason, you still want to shave it after that. - Go For It - every young man should shave his head once in a while.  It is a very assertive and masculine thing to do - and it feels GREAT!  What have you got to lose?  If you don't like the shaved head it will grow back fast!

Offline sevenwithcheese

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 02:21:37 PM »
I had the same problem in my late teens and eventually shaved it all off last year when I was 22.  If you have plenty of coverage though (which you do) there are a plethora of hairstyles you can can get to conceal it.   Concealing a bald spot is perfectly fine if you have plenty of coverage imo.

Offline loodyeyes

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 03:20:07 PM »
Thank you to everyone who spent their time to reply. You all were kind and made me a lot happier. I have some things I want to mention though;

Quiet_Dan: I cover the bald spot with hair on the back, but with time the thinning really started to spread out. Especially this year, I even feel the decrease in volume of my sides and lower back. Also thank you for complimenting my English.

invaray: You are right, but I'm not sure what a ''doctor'' is, all doctors in good hospitals are specialized in a branch here. Which -ology should I go to have my head shape checked?

DOC_OSMC: The swirl I was talking about isn't visible in the photos (at least I couldn't spot them) it is on the back of my head. In the photos I showed something else, the bald spot which is my biggest problem. Thanks for your suggestion.

BBBA: Thanks a lot sir!

sevenwithcheese: You're right, I guess I'll be concealing the spot until this summer then I'll shave just to see if I'll look okay (which I really doubt because of my headshape)

To all you gentlemen out there with profile pictures of their shaven heads, If I knew I'd look half as good as you after shaving my head I'd do it in the blink of an eye. You seriously are born to be sly. God, I wish I could grow a beard.

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 09:36:44 PM »
Nothing to worry about man. About seb derm, if you ever decided to shave, don't let that stop you. Shaving actually helps eliminate it. I had a big flare up a couple weeks ago while I stopped shaving to help a cut heal. I'm still healing but I think it's about complete. Anyway when I shaved around that wound, seb derm was gone after a few days.

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 11:40:53 AM »
The beard will come in time.  I couldn't grow anything at 17 and the beard I have now didn't start fully growing in until just a couple of years ago (I'm 43 if that gives you an idea).  So with age and maturity, you'll probably start sporting facial hair eventually.  There are many on this board who's beard didn't start coming in until later in life so don't be discouraged if you can't right now.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 06:28:55 PM »
My beard has definitely gotten thicker over time.  My mustache area especially has shown improvement.

Offline Salis743

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 10:23:50 PM »
That’s very sad dear! But you don’t have to worry about this baldness as it just got started. The alterna hair gaining products are really good. I have used these alterna hair gaining products and saw amazing results. You should also give it a try!!

Enter your email address: