Author Topic: Scalp Micro Pigmentation Models Wanted  (Read 11707 times)

Offline SMP Looks

• Learning the way of Sly
Scalp Micro Pigmentation Models Wanted
« on: January 15, 2015, 07:25:10 PM »
Hi Forum Members,
I own SMP Looks, a temporary pigment Scalp Micro Pigmentation Company in New York. You can check out our work at www.smplooks.com We are currently seeking male models to have our Buzz Look. You can contact me at smplooks@yahoo.com for more information.
Thanks!
Erik

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:46:01 AM by SMP Looks »

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Scalp Micro Pigmentation Models Wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:06:51 AM »
Peddle ya rubbish elsewhere.... We like being bald!

Offline SMP Looks

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 05:24:23 AM »
geeman,
We have also helped people with scarring from hair transplants, accidents, and common dermatology procedures. Those folks certainly don't consider our product rubbish.

Our product/pigments are completely temporary which means they disappear from your system after about 2 years. It's a great/safe way for clients to try out scalp micro pigmentation.

I didn't mean to offend members of this forum by offering our services here, and I don't intend to spam blast anyone. That's not how I like to do business. Nor do I want to suggest this is a product for everyone. I do think the bald look is awesome, and I also like the Buzzed Look. Our product can help bald guys achieve the latter safely and effectively.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:46:38 AM by SMP Looks »

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 01:14:21 PM »
I do like the idea of it being temporary.  I think anything permanent would be a mistake for most guys.   

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 01:36:22 PM »
It's a good idea for people who've not come to terms with being bald I guess.  I've been happy with my hair loss for the past 20 years, it just took me a long time to shave it all off.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline SMP Looks

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 01:37:48 PM »
slymyke, Thanks for your response. I wouldn't feel comfortable using permanent ink as you cannot really predict what the ink will do 5 years down the road. It could change color, bleed, etc. Plus the client may decided he wants a different hairline design due to personal preference or aging.

The lady who developed this product (Milena Lardi of Beauty Medical in Milan, Italy) is very well known in permanent cosmetics. She recognized a need for this product but wanted something that would be very safe for her clients, so she developed a pigment that your body's system "eats" and dispels through normal functions. It is a 100% non-allergenic, bio-compatible, and bio-absorbable pigment. We also use a single, tiny needle that deposits the pigment just .05mm into the dermis. The goal is to create the smallest possible "dot" so that it looks realistic and indistinguishable from real stubble.

Offline SMP Looks

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 01:45:56 PM »
Mike,
I started losing my hair 10 years ago, and I went the hair transplant route. (After having a poor HT with a hack doctor, I found a great doctor who restored me.) I did the shaved head look prior to having the HT for a while but I just felt like it aged me. And I have heavy eyebrows that became even more predominant!

Then one day my HT surgeon introduced me to Milena Lardi and I had SMP done to thicken my crown. Had I not gone the HT route I certainly would have tried SMP just to frame my face and give some balance. SMP gives guys an option to try another look.

But, like I said, I realize it's not for everyone, and some dudes really embrace their balding which is awesome. I know it can be liberating to just say f**k it.

P.S. Killer beard!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 01:47:35 PM by SMP Looks »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 05:27:09 PM »
Erik,

Welcome to the forum! I hope that you were not offended by geeman's response, however in his and some of the other members' defense, we have been trolled and/or spammed by people promoting "hair regrowth" schemes and people who just want to "stoke fires". Believe it or not, we do have a member here who was a victim of an (unsuccessful?) HT who underwent the procedure that you are advertising, and I think it looks good on him. That said, it's a good thing that you say that this is a procedure that wears off within a certain amount of time so that if the client decides he wants to go back to a shaved head, he can do so without the issue of having permanent looks. There are some members here who have had HT's and are regretting them, perhaps maybe you can offer advice? As I have said repeatedly, a shaved head is NOT a requirement for membership/participation here, we just want to make sure that members are not "bullied" into something that they don't feel comfortable with, and yes, that includes shaving your head. Good luck to you and your enterprise.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 07:32:08 PM »
As I said before, I like that this is not permanent, but temporary may be a concern too.  If you pay to have temporary tattoos on your scalp, do they wear off over time... and how does that look along the way, in-between applications?

Offline SMP Looks

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 05:39:02 AM »
Sir Harry,
Thanks for the welcome! I understand where Geeman is coming from, so no I wasn't offended. I also understand why people would be skeptical of SMP. I am a long-time contributor to a hairloss/transplant forum, and I have seen the underhanded ways that products are marketed to people.

To address your hair transplant question: Guys who regret having HTs are in a tough spot, indeed. It wreaks havoc emotionally. It can leave you feeling far worse about yourself than you did prior to having the HT. The reasons for this are various: Some guys are now faced with a strip scar that they cannot conceal and now they can't shave down. Some guys have expectations that weren't met. Plus you just spent tens of thousands of dollars on the procedure so a lot of guys find themselves in debt. Not a good feeling. That being said, there are various ways to remedy the situation.

The number one issue with HTs are strip scars. Optimally they will be pencil thin. In some cases they can stretch and widen. This occurs sometimes due to the surgeon's skill, but more likely it is due to patient physiology. Some guys just have more laxity in their scalp and that scar will stretch no matter how skilled the surgeon. Some guys can have the scar excised and re-sutured. This is a risk though as there are no guarantees it won't stretch again. Some guys can have additional grafts removed via FUE (follicular unit extraction) and implanted into the scar to conceal it. Another option is to have SMP performed into the scar. We usually perform a test patch first because scar tissue can be unpredictable with pigment.

Some guys regret having a HT because frankly, there are still surgeons out there performing outdated, subpar work. These surgeons exist in individual practices, as well as "hair mills" like Bosley, MHR, etc. The latter I do not recommend going to for various reasons that I won't bore you with here. But you can find a much better, skilled, independent surgeon for less money. I would say for anyone considering a HT, do your due diligence! There is a forum called Hair Transplant Network that prescreens surgeons and I would suggest checking them out first. You can get some great info from them and feel secure that a doctor they recommend is going to be a safe bet. There are doctors now doing amazing HT work and the days of "plugs" are mostly over (except for those docs who have not progressed their skills and practices).

But for young guys thinking of going the surgical route, I would always suggest shaving your head first. Once you get a HT there is really no going back. You could always reverse the surgery by extracting the grafts but that could cause scarring and be costly.

I'm always happy to share what I know about HTs so if anyone has questions feel free to ask!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 05:41:35 AM by SMP Looks »

Offline SMP Looks

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 05:46:41 AM »
slymyke,
Our product fades very inconspicuously and usually starts after 1.5-2 years. It simply lightens up and disappears. Clients have the option of coming back for touchups. The way our pricing works we included in our package 3 passes; two consecutive days and then one touchup months later. As I mentioned before, I feel better knowing that a product will safely fade away and can be reapplied rather than having someone stuck with something they decided they no longer wish to have and that could potentially change color or have the dots bleed/expand.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 05:50:33 AM by SMP Looks »

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 05:53:07 AM »
Wish there were a "I don't want to see this" like on Facebook.

No apologies.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline SMP Looks

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 07:31:50 AM »
Sir Harry,
Here's an example of a strip scar we concealed as well as a crown thickening we did. The client had 3 transplants performed resulting in multiple, stretched strip scars.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:33:23 AM by SMP Looks »

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »
Well, my question involved the reverse of some of you guys who shave your eyebrows.

Ever since I got sick years ago, my eyebrows have been almost non-existent.  Since they were shaved off for my ordination 5 weeks ago, they really haven't grown back very well.

I am JUST CONSIDERING going in for a cosmetic micropigmentation to try to make them look a bit more full.  BUT, I am really afraid of doing something that is going to be "noticeable" because it is really permanent.

After a great deal of searching on the internet I found a guy in the Florida keys who makes his (Very nice) living doing just this.

What do you guys think?  Should I try this?  The link shows a before and after photo of a job he did on a man who had no eyebrows at all from Alopecia.

https://www.facebook.com/ArtistryConceptsHairReplication/photos/a.461372113884673.103458.159605764061311/583728338315716/?type=1&theater

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 02:32:13 PM »
It surprised me what the difference is between the 2 pictures, might be worth giving it a go.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014