Author Topic: Clean scalp  (Read 28485 times)

Offline qwerty99

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Clean scalp
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2014, 12:05:21 AM »
doc, I'm a little different in that I wax my scalp instead of tweezing however they obviously both rip the hair out.  My motivation for doing it is to eliminate the shadow.  I still shave almost as frequently as I did before in fact I think I might shave more often since previously I didn't see the point.  Since I had a very dark mpb shadow and have very pale skin I would always wear a hat .  Now most of the time I can go without shaving for up too about 48 hours, depending on where I'm at in my waxing cycle which is once every 4-5 weeks, before any perceptible shadow creeps in.  Waxing in my opinion is far superior to tweezing for a few reasons, one being the redness you mentioned.  With waxing my scalp looks like at has an even, mild sunburn.  The tweezing made it very splotchy and incredibly injured looking.   

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 08:03:18 PM »
Update after the periodic clean-up

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 08:06:04 PM »
Side view. Cleanup by waxing and tweezing

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 09:26:29 PM »
Looks great but I don't think my skin could take it.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2015, 10:22:35 AM »

Why do you think that?

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2015, 11:15:38 AM »

Why do you think that?

My skin tends to break out.  I think I'd have a lot of redness and inflammation if I yanked out all my hair by the roots.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 01:53:26 PM »

Why do you think that?

My skin tends to break out.  I think I'd have a lot of redness and inflammation if I yanked out all my hair by the roots.

I see... guess that having only the mpb fring, which is the most difficult to remove, tweezing would be really too hard... it could be done by waxing, but using a particular wax and a particular method that would not cause too much irritation.

Offline bald_737

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2015, 09:48:12 PM »
I wish I do have a smooth scalp like yours. I have been tweezing since 2012 and have not reached to that stage yet. Somehow, I only tweezed the top as I didnt want people to notice my sudden baldness. Recently, I did tried out a few times to tweeze the whole head. Yes, the pain for do the sides and back was unbearable for the 1st time. Later time, it was tolerable. Here, i would like to ask many who have being doing this how long would it takes to reach to a smooth scalp. Attached here a picture of my head after 3 days shaving.  Had not tweezed for 1 month.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »
I wish I do have a smooth scalp like yours. I have been tweezing since 2012 and have not reached to that stage yet. Somehow, I only tweezed the top as I didnt want people to notice my sudden baldness. Recently, I did tried out a few times to tweeze the whole head. Yes, the pain for do the sides and back was unbearable for the 1st time. Later time, it was tolerable. Here, i would like to ask many who have being doing this how long would it takes to reach to a smooth scalp. Attached here a picture of my head after 3 days shaving.  Had not tweezed for 1 month.

Difficult to tell... I would have to see a side&back pic to evaluate how much hair is still regrowin... you already noticed that the top is the easy part, and I see that you still have only really sparse hair on top, so it's likely that in one year the top hair will be gone.

For sides and back it's a totally different question: I started tweezing in 2007 and still there's some regrowth there. It's a question of maintenance, long term maintenance.

Offline bald_737

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2015, 06:54:27 PM »
ok, I will keep it for the next few days and will take a few more pictures for you to assess. But I dont think it will be a year for getting total smooth. Now I do have problem trying to tweeze all the hair on top as they are very fine and the epilator would not be able to clear up all of them.

Offline qwerty99

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2015, 06:09:11 PM »
ok, I will keep it for the next few days and will take a few more pictures for you to assess. But I dont think it will be a year for getting total smooth. Now I do have problem trying to tweeze all the hair on top as they are very fine and the epilator would not be able to clear up all of them.

You might want to try waxing.  I had that same problem with the epilator and fine hairs.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2015, 09:21:57 PM »
Another update: waxing + tweezing

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2015, 07:06:50 AM »
Looks great.

Roger