Author Topic: Dorco Six Blade  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Psukhe

• Sly Guy in Training
Dorco Six Blade
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:34:46 AM »
I'm a lurker that pops in every few weeks/months or so.  Been smooooth for about ten years.  February of this year I bought the Dorco six blade.   To my leathery old head, it works as well as the Schicks or Gillettes I've used in the past.   May not be as precision made -- but they seem pretty darn sharp and consistent and CHEAP.

I'm a professional who due to having a crappy autoimmune disease has had to downsize my life.  The Dorcos are two to three times cheaper than the high end razors go for.

What's really clenched it for me is that a week ago the "razor handle" stopped holding the blades.  Within 3 hours they had emailed me back and shipped out a new handle for free.  After six months!!!

I rarely review things but the combo of price, usability and service are brilliant. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Dorco Six Blade
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
Thank you for sharing your review!  I just ordered their two blade system and I'm going to try it out.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 01:31:47 PM »
How did you get on with the 2 blade system?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 12:19:17 AM »
It's working well!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 04:19:46 AM »
I may have to try it also. Thanks for the review.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 04:52:32 AM »
6 blades? blimey... soon it'll be too big to use lol

Offline K5mow

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 05:21:48 AM »

6 blades? blimey... soon it'll be too big to use lol

You are so right. Really you only need one blade. But that is a whole other discussion.

Roger
Have a great Day.

Roger

Offline TheBaldFatGuy

• Learning the way of Sly
    • TheBaldFatGuy
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 12:00:42 PM »
I am a huge fan of all of Dorco's products. Even more so, their personal attention to every customer is outstanding. If you haven't done so, give them a shot. You will not be disappointed.

- TheBaldFatGuy
God only made a few perfect heads... on the rest He put hair.

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »
I used the six blade cartridges for a couple of years.  I would say they are almost, but not quite as good as the Fusions. 

Six months ago, I went the ultra inexpensive route and switched over the the double-edge safety razor.  Now I'm getting way better shaves at fractions of the cost.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 04:35:32 AM »
Over here in blighty we don't get a lot of the brands you guys in the states get.... I use a cartridge during the week... But the price can be insane... Found a supermarket own brand from tescos, it's a 5 blade and costs £6 for 5 cartridges... They are just as good as any major brand and even have a single detail blade.... Leaves me super sly with zero irritation.... So a heads up to my fellow brits :)

Offline Psukhe

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 09:26:24 AM »
Still using the Dorco sixes every day, second day.  Still saving lotsa $$$ and sexy and smooth.   O0