Author Topic: HEADBLADE ATX + DORCO ???  (Read 6958 times)

Offline krly

• Learning the way of Sly
  • My initials are K.R.L. and I'm bald =KRLY
HEADBLADE ATX + DORCO ???
« on: March 05, 2014, 01:02:38 PM »
Hello; I DID try the search function but came up empty.  Does anyone know if any of the Dorco cartridges will fit the HB ATX ?
Thanks........krly

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: HEADBLADE ATX + DORCO ???
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 03:41:50 AM »
Krly, their 2 blade system would work with the Yellow adapter on your ATX.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline krly

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 11:27:50 AM »
Tyler, thanks for the reply. I happened to buy (off eBay) some " 8 Tri-flexxx Cartridges (Gillette Sensor, Personna Tri-flex) triple razor blades" ,but they don't seem to fit the original black adapter that came with my HB ATX. Am I missing something ?
Thanks for your help............
krly

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Re: HEADBLADE ATX + DORCO ???
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 11:37:51 AM »
Yes, you need the black sensor adapter that comes with the sport or can be purchased on the Headblade website.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline krly

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 05:12:27 PM »
Tyler, I hope this will be the last thing I need from you regarding all this Headblade "stuff". A few days back you sent me a link to the 2 blade cartridges you were using with the ATX. Somehow I can't seem to locate it.
 Dorco tells me they no longer have 2 blade cartridges but I think it was a Dorco cart. you linked me to (?) Could you resend it (or post it here in the thread) ?
    Thanks again for your assistance so far. I'm 65 and this is my first try with the Headblade AND with a DE (Merkur 180/23C) for my face. I've always been an electric kinda guy but NO MORE !! Feels kinda cool.................
krly

Offline krly

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 04:51:12 PM »
Tyler, I'm just bumping this to (hopefully) get your attention as I don't know your email address. Could you check out and reply to mesg. # 4 above if you get a moment ?
Thanks..................krly

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 12:02:06 PM »
Hey Krly, it looks like Dorco discontinued the 2 blade cartridges that they used to sell. I use Gillette Sensor blades with the sensor adapter from HeadBlade on my ATX. For the best deal on blades right now, HeadBlade is selling fifty 3 blade cartridges for $49!!   http://www.headblade.com/product/50305.html?AFFIL=SkE09

You'll also need this adapter for them - http://www.headblade.com/product/91206.html?AFFIL=SkE09
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:38:33 PM by Tyler »

Offline angecorrado

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 11:27:20 AM »
Krly how did the atx + dorco combo work for you?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 11:38:28 AM »
It worked well for me.

Offline angecorrado

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »
It worked well for me.

Tyler as you can tell I'm a newbie, getting ready to take the plung.  I can't seem to find the ability to purchase the sport adaptor via headblade that appears is needed for the now available Dorco cartridges.  Am I missing something? 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »
Here's the adapter that you need for the Dorco 2 Blade system that fits the Atra system as well - http://www.headblade.com/product/91206.html?AFFIL=SkE09

Marvin889

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 05:09:48 AM »
Hi, newbie here, but I think I can help. I just got the Headblade today, but read on Amazon that Dorco cartridges fit  on it and decided to try it as I had some spare ones anyway. Regarding your question: the 4-blade Dorcos are basically identical to the the HB4s and fit perfectly. There's just a plastic adaptor on the back of the Dorcos that you need to remove, afterwards it's exactly the same as the HB4. The attached photo shows the cartridge and the removed Dorco adaptor. You remove it by pushing one of the 'noses' on the sides of the adaptor inward, then pull it up, pull out the other nose and then pull off the top part (that one has a little glue on it, but you can't damage anything there).
I also tried whether this works on a 6-blade Dorco cartridge, but their attachment points are wider apart from each other, thus they don't fit on the Headblade.

Offline angecorrado

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 08:12:54 AM »
Marvin - Thanks for posting!  I've got an order of mixed Dorco blades in that I'm giving a run at to see how they work for me so far so good. And for the price I really can't complain.

Enter your email address: