Author Topic: My story dealing with hair loss. I am happier bald.  (Read 5866 times)

Offline SeanAlanRadio

• Learning the way of Sly
My story dealing with hair loss. I am happier bald.
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:37:51 PM »
Hi there.  This is my first post.  I just got a No 2 buzz cut today and am considering shaving my head 100% bald next time I visit the barber.  In fact I think I would look pretty good bald.  I think a bald head would look much better than the No 2 buzz cut on me, that I got today.  

I'm only 27 and for the past year or 2 I have been dealing with hair loss.    I thought I would share my story for those dealing with hair loss.  

When I was in high school, and in my early 20's I had a full head of hair.  It was thick too.  It was like Justin Bieber hair.  My thick head of hair was odd considering EVERY man in my family is bald.  I was that 1 guy at the table every Christmas with hair.

When I was 24 the hair on my head started thin.   I didn't worry too much because it was easy to conceal by styling my hair a certain way.  It worked and I still looked pretty good.  This lasted until last Christmas (2012), which was when I rabidly started looking my hair.  

After New Years 2013 hair started to fall out at a rapid rate.  Hardly any on the top, but still thick as ever on the sides and on the back.  I was mortified.  It was a huge hit on my confidence.  I thought "Could this really be happening to me at 26?" "Why me?" I started to look like George Costanza in Seinfeld.  (No offense to those on this board who prefer that style.  Sorry but I can't stand the horse shoe look on me.)

I did some research.  I'm a healthy guy who works out and eats super healthy too.  This could only mean one thing.  I had male pattern baldness, like every guy in my family.  

This took a big hit on my confidence in my career as well.  Since I work as a radio personality for at a Pop/Top 40 station, and as a club DJ,  I am constantly out in the public eye.  I couldn't see myself without my full head of hair in a profession like that.  Plus I am a super social and extroverted guy.  This hair loss thing was killing me!!!

I started to get desperate.  I always wore hats when I went out, and tried all sorts of special shampoos, and a couple of natural supplements, but nothing worked.  It just kept falling out.  My shower drain has clogged up several times with hair in the past few months.

Over the weekend, I saw the new Fast and Furious 6 movie and found this website.  There were lots of good looking bald men in that movie.  After seeing that and reading these forums, I decided that I can be confident, and super attractive as a bald man.  

I went to the barber today and got a buzz cut, to put an end to my George Costanza hairstyle.  However after looking in the mirror, I am 100% confident that I would look great bald, like Jason Statham, or Vin Diesel.   In fact I'm considering going back to the barber later this week for a head shave.  

I hope my story offers hope to others dealing with hair loss, at a young age.  I know I've been there.  It is not the end of the world.  Don't waste your money on Rogaine or any other drug.  I am now happy with my No 2 buzz cut, and believe that I will be even happier bald.

I now have more confidence than ever before.  In fact I believe that as a bald man, I will have more confidence than when I had a full head of hair.   I am happy to take the 30 day challenge here.  

Sorry for the long post.  Hopefully it helps somebody.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: My story dealing with hair loss. I am happier bald.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 07:36:43 PM »
Great post! Welcome to SBG.

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 08:21:28 PM »
Pic of newly shaved head to follow??
Roger

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 08:40:57 PM »
Glad you are here.

You will not regret going sly.  You probably will only wonder why you did not do so sooner.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:46:53 PM »
Hi SA Radio:  Welcome to the sly fraternity.  Glad that ya joined us.  Post a pic and we hope that you become an active member.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 11:42:40 PM »
Welcome to the club.
Hair is over rated.

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 04:22:03 AM »
great intro...welcome to the brotherhood

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 04:42:39 AM »
Welcome aboard!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 05:19:20 AM »
Welcome. Good introduction.  A bald head would look very bold/confident on a DJ.  Way better than the horseshoe.

Do post a picture on the next step. 

Just yesterday at lunch, a young man (20 or so) ate with me and his comment was that I looked like a professor due to my bald head.  He thought it presented a lot of authority.  That works well for a DJ. (BTW I worked in radio for 23 years including DJ in the studio. Fun times).  Best of fortune in your DJ work with a bald head.

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 08:31:14 AM »
Welcome to SBG ! 

I watched your video, Tonight on 106.1 Kiss FM 5-14-13, and I think you can rock the sly DJ look !

You really have an upbeat personality ... perfect for DJ work !

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 09:19:37 AM »
WElcome to Sly Bald Guys. I am sure that you will look great sly.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 04:16:28 PM »
Great first post
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 05:30:57 PM »
Great introduction mate. Good luck with your new look'