Author Topic: Razor-made dandruff scars?  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Smoothy

• Sly Jr.
Razor-made dandruff scars?
« on: November 11, 2012, 11:43:45 PM »
I've begun to take into consideration something I'd overlooked before...

I have these shiny lightly red spots that have never really dissipated, since I first went sly.

At first, I'd thought it was just some skin irritation, and would subside in due time.

But alas, the shiny spots remain in place.

When I had hair, I battled an army of ramped itchy dandruff.

When I first shaved my head with a razor, I remember it burning in certain places.

I'm curious to know if the two had married, and birthed some scarring on my scalp...

Am I the only on with this problem? Is there something I could do the minimize it's appearance? Or rid my self of them entirely?

I don't use razors anymore, just a regular electric shaver... but, I figure the switch too late, and the damage already done :-\

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: Razor-made dandruff scars?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 12:36:09 AM »
No, what you have is completely a common occurrence for some people. While I do not personally suffer from the condition, you can get lotion that you rub into your head that in most cases will get rid of the red spots, I think the products are called something like bump patrol and bump stopper, or something like that, a quick forum search for "red spots" will probably put you on the right track.

In the mean time, I'm sure someone who has dealt with this problem before will be along to help you out

theman

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 09:26:46 AM »
I would try some Vit. E ointment.  It helps surgery Scars , would think it would help this also. 

Offline Smoothy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 09:17:08 PM »
Thanks Beardman. I no longer have or get them. Luckily, I've learned to take good care of my scalp since making thais post.