Author Topic: Barbershop Headshave?  (Read 23703 times)

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Re: Barbershop Headshave?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
@Lynchy-Mate I can help you out with that local info!! Moe's Barbershop in Woden and Ziggy's in Civic do the straight razor headshave. Haven't tried out Moe's, but did try Ziggy's a few years back and it was great

Thanks mate.

Might have to give it a go! Cheers
Lynchy

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 01:45:19 AM »
I'm getting one the day after Christmas I do a barbershop head shave as a treat about twice a month I heard about a barbershop in Denver called rumors

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
  • Bald and Bearded...and loving it!
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 07:12:10 PM »
I still have not got round to it, but hoping I will have time over the holiday period....I think it is one of those things that has to be done.....?

Offline Deputy Dawg

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 06:33:21 AM »
I stopped in a local shop and the gentleman told me he is no longer able to shave heads, per (Indiana)state law. Said lobbying by hair stylists and salon owners are responsible. Haven't been able to confirm his story yet, but I see no reason for him to not want to do the job.
Anybody else heard about this.
--
The art of living is more like wrestling than dancing -
Marcus Aurelius

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 09:54:37 AM »
I would believe that I have heard that also .  Also with blood borne pathogens , they would have to wear cloves like people in medicine and also tatoo artists.   If I was going to go to a barber that was going to chop me up would I go ?  :/O
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 02:36:49 PM »
Well, I finally got round to the barbershop headshave, amazing feeling! Although not as close as I get myself I have to say it was another great confidence boost and a very relaxing experience...I was sitting right at the front of the shop and saw plenty of folks looking in as my head was being lathered up.....

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »
Thursday, I went to town and got a beard trim and headshave. The guy used a shavette, and because business was slow, he cut over my head twice. When he was done, my beard was shaped the best that it had been in a while, and my head was super smooth! He did such a good job, I didn't feel any stubble till Saturday. Will have to pay this guy a visit on my next barbershop headshave.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »
Sounds like a high quality shave!

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 12:40:08 AM »
Sounds like a great shave slysirharry, mine was not that close but will try it again. Might try and find some other barbers who do headshaves though to see how they compare.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
Re: Barbershop Headshave
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 07:03:49 AM »
I was in California last week on vacation.  Had my fourth barbershop headshave at http://www.joesbarbershop.com/ on Market Street near Church Street from Jonathan.

This was one of my best headshaves ever.  Very close.  Jonathan uses a straight razor.

Red

« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 07:38:02 AM by SimplyRed »
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2013, 10:29:20 AM »
Good fellas turkish barbers , london Road Brighton also Bodrum, western Road , very nice and professional

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2013, 12:35:53 PM »
Had to be good from a sly barber
SlyBeard

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2013, 01:46:32 PM »
Had to be good from a sly barber

I do think it would be a great deal easier to trust his with a straight razor than just about anybody else.  haha

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »
Wow, Red it looks good...You seem real happy with the result!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Thai boy

• Sly Guy in Training
  • I am a 52 year old English teacher from the UK who
    • English school in Thailand
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2013, 07:41:36 AM »
Hi Guys

I am only two weeks into being sly but my first head shave was at a salon in Thailand by a women who used a single blade razor.  She gave me lots of advice in regards to head care pre and post shave.  Where I live there are many barbers who shave your head with a single blade.  The cost is between 60 to 100 baht (100 baht equates to £2.00).  The barbers are very professional and all work in reputable gents/women's barbers/salons.

I have purchased a Head Blade ATX and really enjoy shaving my own head and will continue to do so.  However, once a month I am going to have my head shaved at the barbers followed by a full body massage at the massage parlour next door.  Total cost will be 300 baht (£6).

Will share my experience once I return at the end of this month guys.

Kindest regards

Andy