Author Topic: SAFETY Razor Shave of the Day (SOTD)  (Read 741815 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: SAFETY Razor Shave of the Day (SOTD)
« Reply #1455 on: October 08, 2015, 09:17:07 PM »
Hi Matt:  You are correct.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1456 on: October 08, 2015, 09:37:34 PM »
Thursday, October 8, 2015 SOTD

Razor:  Razorock Stealth Slant

Blade:  Treet Platinum

Soap:  Soap Commander (Vision)

Brush:  Omega S Brush (synthetic)

Dessert:  Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated FINE Fresh Vetiver

It is too early to  tell but I find the RazorRock Stealth Slant a great razor.  I look forward
to trying this razor these next couple of weeks.  As far as the Soap Commander, this soap is absolutely incredible.  The performance is outstanding and the scent is similar to  Cool Water cologne with a touch of menthol.  I definitely recommend this soap.  It won't disappoint.

WARHAWK O0

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #1457 on: October 09, 2015, 08:38:19 PM »
I hope you're liking that Stealth, Mel.  I wonder how it compares to the V4?  I can't wait for RR's next slant.  It will be heavier and with the UberGlide coating.  Speaking of...

Barrister & Mann Leviathan | RazoRock Black Mamba with UberGlide Coating | Gillette Nacet Stainless | Ever-Ready 100T (TGN Finest) | Nicole Pangas Ceramics "Ghost Skulls" Shaving Bowl

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #1458 on: October 11, 2015, 05:35:51 PM »
Jabonman - Tierra Humeda | RazoRock Black Mamba with UberGlide Coating | Gillette Nacet Stainless | Ever-Ready 100T (TGN Finest) | Fine - Snake Bite | 1740 Beard Balm

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #1459 on: October 24, 2015, 07:46:12 PM »
It's quiet in here guys!!

Music theme today.  Couldn't decide on which pic to use.  Featuring one of my favorite bands of all time, The Alabama 3.  You haven't gotten a taste of them until you've heard at least 10 of their tracks.

Today, I used my V8 Kent brush for the first time.  I picked up this boxed, apparently unused at a thrift shop for $5.  It's a very nice brush, although I don't know much about it.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1460 on: October 25, 2015, 07:11:39 PM »
Hi Matt:  So far I am enjoying  the RRSS V1 both the aluminum and the stainless steel version.  I am still not sure which I like between the two.  It still has not surpassed the iKON ShaveCraft  #102 however, it has the potential.  With the #102 . . . I get some close and smooth head shaves.  The shaves are comfortable and smooth.  It was so smooth that I sold off my ATT S1 razor head at another shave forum this past summer. 

BTW. . . I am loving your SOTD pics.  Keep them coming.  I noticed that we are the only participants that routinely post here in this section.  I highly encourage the other SBG members to post also.  We would love to hear from you. 

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1461 on: October 25, 2015, 07:17:28 PM »
Here is yesterday's SOTD:  Saturday, October 24, 2015

Razor:  RazoRock Stealth Slant V1 (aluminum)

Blade:  Feather

Soap:  Soap Commander Vision

Brush:  Semogue SOC Special Edition 2012

Dessert:  Ice cube rub, refrigerated WH, refrigerated Osage Rub

WARHAWK O0

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #1462 on: October 25, 2015, 07:40:07 PM »
...I noticed that we are the only participants that routinely post here in this section...
Maybr they're intimidated by our stellar photography skills. LOL.

Yeah, I tucked away the Black Mamba for a while. I was missing my Stealth!

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #1463 on: October 26, 2015, 09:15:06 PM »
Dark. Hard. Manly. That about sums up Chiseled Face's newest release, "Midnight Stag". I instantly love this one. It's easily my wife's favorite, too. This is the definition of masculine. Perfect, just perfect. This is the best one yet, hands down.

Notes that I get from this: Aged leather darkened by motor oil with very subtle smoke and new tires.

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #1464 on: October 28, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »
Beaver WoodWright Ghost Ship LE | Mongoose B3 | Kai Captain Titan Mild | Ever-Ready 100T (TGN Finest) | Nicole Pangas Ceramics "Ghost Skulls" Shaving Bowl

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1465 on: November 04, 2015, 05:16:42 PM »
Hi Matt:  Love the pics.  Love how you have the Ghost Ship splash bottle glowing like a bright light.  How do you like the shave soap and it's scent? 

WARHAWK O0

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #1466 on: November 04, 2015, 05:26:18 PM »
...How do you like the shave soap and it's scent? 

WARHAWK O0
Hey, Mel!
Beaver WoodWright is an excellent performing soap without question.  Ghost Ship was kind of single-faceted with regard to scent, though.  All I really got from it was spicy orange push-up pop or sherbert.  It was a treat, but I expected more.  Of course, I've only used it once, so I may pick up on more later.  I will definitely be trying more Beaver WoodWright Soaps, though.  As I stated, it performs perfectly.  I will probably try Captain's Pipe next.

For today's SOTD:

Dapper Dragon Soaps - Autumn Morning 2015 LE | Mongoose B3 | Kai Captain Titan Mild | Kent V8 | Dapper Dragon Soaps - Autumn Morning 2015 Scale Polish

In my experience, soaps that claim to have coffee notes often miss the mark and end up smelling like toffee or some variation of buttery/creamy, sweet coffee. Dapper Dragon's aptly named "Autumn Morning" actually has authentic rich warm coffee notes. Whether or not it was their intention, after 2 uses, I feel like coffee is actually the base scent. I also pick up on wet oak leaves, nuts, and some brighter notes that are almost musky floral that may actually be chrysanthemum, but these are definitely in the background. Dapper Dragon performed perfectly as usual with dense, slick, protective lather and superb post-shave nourishment and hydration. While the paired Scale Polish is an excellent rescue post-product for uncomfortable or less-than-perfect shaves, I like to use it because it just feels good, and I can enjoy the Autumn Morning scent a good bit longer. As far as the scent longevity, I found it was the shortest lived of the Dapper Dragon products I've used, completely fading after about 4 hours.

Offline 120inna55

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • 120inna55
« Reply #1467 on: November 05, 2015, 09:41:02 PM »
Wholly Kaw - Spice Route | Mongoose B3 | Kai Captain Titan Mild | Semogue 1250

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1468 on: November 06, 2015, 07:11:20 PM »
Hi Matt:  Nice SOTD, my friend.  How do you like the scent of the Wholly Kaw?

WARHAWK O0

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1469 on: November 06, 2015, 07:20:26 PM »
Friday, November 6, 2015 SOTD

Razor:  Cobra Classic

Blade:  Feather Professional

Cream:  Taylor of Old Bond Street:  Sandalwood

Brush:  Thater 4125/2

Dessert:  Ice cube rub and refrigerated WH

It has been awhile since I shaved with the Cobra Classic.  Glad that I did because I had a great shave.  Also. . . it also has been awhile since I revisited the Taylor of Old Bond Street:  Sandalwood Shave Cream.  This was my very 1st real shave cream when I discovered the traditional way of shaving.  The performance of this shave cream is elite and I absolutely love the stout sandalwood scent.    This is my favorite scent of all the Taylor of Old Bond Street (aka "TOBS") scents.

WARHAWK O0