Author Topic: Favorite shaving cream and aftershave with your DE  (Read 3152 times)

Offline ycartt

• Sly
Favorite shaving cream and aftershave with your DE
« on: July 01, 2012, 09:37:38 PM »
What's your favorite shaving gear to use with your DE?  I keep it rather simple. I like to use Taylor of Old Bond Street avocado in a tub that I lather in a mug. Following my shave I like Art of Shaving Lavender or Sandlewood aftershave balm.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Favorite shaving cream and aftershave with your DE
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 09:54:38 PM »
My current 2 favorite is the TOBS (Taylor of Bond Street) Sandalwood Shaving Cream and Mike's Natural Soap.  Lately... I have been using the Mike's Natural Soap.  Check out www.mikesnaturalsoaps.com

My favorite after shave is the Osage Rub.  It gives a cool, tingling feeling.  I also rotate it with Nivea for Men After Shave Balm and Brut After Shave Lotion with Shea Butter. 

There is nothing better than a nice DE shave on the face & dome.  It is so therapeutic. O0

WARHAWK O0
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:50:53 PM by warhawk »
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline ycartt

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
Thanks I will check Mikes soaps out.

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 06:53:13 AM »
This Osage rub keeps popping up.  So I googled it. 

What is the attraction?  Sounds and looks like good stuff.  Is it really worth it? R600 to order online, that's a whopping $85!  I saw it for $14 at places in the USA.  That is why I am so put off buying stuff from overseas.

Thats a little exorbitent for an aftershave and is certain to bust my budget.  So I will have to give it a miss.

Just to re iterate, the big variety with all my little hobbies I have chosen can be found in the USA.  Thats one of the things I like, variety...  Here you have to look around or order online if you want to enjoy a little variety, with certain things.  With other things, there is a massive variety, but not in my hobby line.

"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 05:26:54 PM »
I got my Osage Rub from Amazon for $5 USD + about $5 shipping.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
I got my Osage Rub from Amazon for $5 USD + about $5 shipping.
Awesome! Me too, in fact the price was so reasonable I got two bottles!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »
This Osage rub keeps popping up.  So I googled it. 

What is the attraction?  Sounds and looks like good stuff.  Is it really worth it? R600 to order online, that's a whopping $85!  I saw it for $14 at places in the USA.  That is why I am so put off buying stuff from overseas.

Thats a little exorbitent for an aftershave and is certain to bust my budget.  So I will have to give it a miss.

Just to re iterate, the big variety with all my little hobbies I have chosen can be found in the USA.  Thats one of the things I like, variety...  Here you have to look around or order online if you want to enjoy a little variety, with certain things.  With other things, there is a massive variety, but not in my hobby line.

I had it shipped to Japan and it didn't cost me as much as that for two bottles.  Pretty sure I ordered from Amazon.com

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 05:55:11 PM »
To choose one favourite is very difficult!  Actually, choosing a cream is easier because I only have three of those.  Palmolive, Erasmic and Ingrams are all excellent creams.  I chose the Ingrams this morning because it's warm and the menthol is excellent on warm mornings or nights.

Followed up today with Osage Rub.  Again, love the menthol!  Not sure it's my all time favourite but great in summer!