Author Topic: Taking the plunge tomorrow!!  (Read 10706 times)

Offline JD Wildheart

• Sly Guy in Training
  • You rock your look, Never let your look rock you
Taking the plunge tomorrow!!
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:41:10 PM »
Hey guys, well... at the age of 27 i've finally decided to cave in to the inevitable. It's been a pretty slow decline..or fast coming incline depending on which angle you're looking from lol! but after years of being a long haired rocker tonight is my last night with my hair. It's receeding pretty bad as well as thinning noticably and it's got to the point where I won't leave the house without a baseball cap so it's got to go!

i'll do a before and After *don't let the angle fool you if I moved the curtains the hairline goes waaaaay farther back and notice how the crowns cut off ;) that's some selective editing right there!*

ya'll seem a real friendly bunch looking forward to talking to you.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Taking the plunge tomorrow!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 01:43:03 PM »
Welcome aboard and have fun!! You'll love it.  8)

Offline JD Wildheart

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 01:56:02 PM »
cheers buddy! To be honest I think the most daunting part is the transition in look from long haired rocker to bald as i'm also short stocky and tattoo'd up so it'll be interesting.
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »
Go for it. You'll love your new look. You'll love the feel of your new look even more.

Offline JD Wildheart

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 03:06:39 PM »
it actually helps quite a bit browsing the forums and seeing guys that kinda look like you and have similar features so you can sort of gauge how you'd look. But I shall post a Sly pic tomorrow! and this has to actually be the most positive place on the net i've been in well over ten years fantastic community think i'll stick around.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 03:13:22 PM »
it actually helps quite a bit browsing the forums and seeing guys that kinda look like you and have similar features so you can sort of gauge how you'd look. But I shall post a Sly pic tomorrow! and this has to actually be the most positive place on the net i've been in well over ten years fantastic community think i'll stick around.

Agreed. This forum is great place if you want words of encouragement.

Take it from me, going sly could well turn out to be among the best personal makeovers you'll give yourself. And provided you shave your head clean every day or two, you'll start each day with same great look.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 03:32:33 PM »
Good luck - keep the face fur and see if you like the combination of a shaved head with facial hair.

Either look around the forum for advice or ask away - we're here to answer your questions and provide support.

You'll love the look and feel of your smoothly shaved head.  Stick with it for 30 days and you'll never want to go back to having hair.

marty22

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 04:42:13 PM »
welcome!

Offline JD Wildheart

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 05:15:27 PM »
thanks for the kind messages and encouragement guys! All stand up dudes

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 05:35:57 PM »
Buzz it down with clippers. Then take the razor to it.  Take your time with the razor to avoid nicks or cuts the first few times, till you get used to it.

Then put on a smile and enjoy the new look (and feel).  I think you'll find that taking care of the long hair is much more work that shaving bald!

Looking forward to the new pictures.  Welcome to SBG.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »
I too went from long haired, tattooed, rocker to bald. Granted I did shave down for a few weeks before, but trust me, it's who you are not the hair on your head that makes you a badass.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 01:45:22 AM »
hey and welcome.
rock for life...though I'm bald :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline JD Wildheart

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 02:58:14 AM »
waiting for shops to open to go buy clippers/witchhazel and fresh razors. And agreed you can still look badass, Scott Ian,Kerry King,Phil Anselmo all look awesome bald...i'd rather embrace that than hiding and procrastinating to the point I end up looking like Devin Townsend before even he caved...

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 04:58:56 AM »
Let it go brother ...  You're making the right decision and won't regret it.  It will look cooler than ever.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline JD Wildheart

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 05:19:04 AM »
There we go guys! I bit the bullet and actually feel a lot better, Nicked myself a few times as was a bit tentative but i'm sure as I get more confident shaving it i'll be fine nothing required glue or staples to fix haha!