Author Topic: One earring...or two?  (Read 71772 times)

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
Re: One earring...or two?
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2015, 11:02:18 AM »
Just out of curiosity...how many of you guys have your ear pierced? If so do you have only one (presumably left) or both pierced? hoop rings or studs? A friend says that a man can wear studs in both ears, but a hoop belongs in the left ear only...he also said that a man should NEVER have the right ear only pierced/with an earring....I don't know if this was brought up previously, but I'm contemplating getting a piercing once my military career is over....Thoughts?

I read that the current style is to have both your left and right ears pierced, the article I read said that having one ear pierced is very 90's and slightly dated stylewise. My personal feeling on this that if one ear is your thing then go for it, it's all about what makes you happy.

That's my view as well. I currently have only my left ear pierced and wear a stud, but I am aware this is not the current fashion. I would like to wear earrings in both ears as this is the latest style.
I was sitting in my bosses office (a female mid 50's) and we have been friends for a few years. she noticed me start to wear my earring a few months ago. she said to me today. "You know if you had both ears pierced that would look more trendy. it would look good with  your shaved head". I couldn't agree more! the only thing stopping me is my wife would be dead set against it.
not sure what to do. BTW I'm 50 and have only worn earrings for short periods over the last 30 years.

OK, so I got my right ear pierced and am wearing a black stud in my right ear to match my left ear. I am at work today and my boss (female) complimented me on it saying it looks good on me, wearing earrings in both ears. I will have a harder time convincing my wife. I may have to take it out tonight when my wife gets home as I'm not sure how she will react. But I will wear it again tomorrow when she is at work.
it feels really good to wear earring in both ears. i think it looks good with the shaved head.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2015, 01:37:01 PM »
Congratulations! Post a picture!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2015, 03:35:01 PM »
The nice thing about diamonds or anything black is that they're versatile. They can be worn with anything.
Hair is over rated.

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2015, 07:28:38 AM »
Congratulations! Post a picture!

in the first one not sure if you can see the studs very well.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2015, 08:37:34 AM »
Not bad! Thanks for the pics!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline okiebald

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2015, 05:52:54 PM »
Looks good.  Have you thought about a moustache/goatee or other facial hair?

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2015, 07:43:18 PM »
Looks good.  Have you thought about a moustache/goatee or other facial hair?

had a beard last year but it didn't look good on me. Moustache looked even worse on me :D

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2015, 02:25:33 PM »
I wear small silver hoops in both ears.

My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline AJ Q-Ball

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald Head and Full Beard: Awesome combination
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2015, 11:14:28 PM »
Looks good DOC!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2015, 04:21:57 AM »
Like the size. Looks good!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »
I like them!  Looks good on you.

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2015, 10:00:20 AM »
Just out of curiosity...how many of you guys have your ear pierced? If so do you have only one (presumably left) or both pierced? hoop rings or studs? A friend says that a man can wear studs in both ears, but a hoop belongs in the left ear only...he also said that a man should NEVER have the right ear only pierced/with an earring....I don't know if this was brought up previously, but I'm contemplating getting a piercing once my military career is over....Thoughts?

I read that the current style is to have both your left and right ears pierced, the article I read said that having one ear pierced is very 90's and slightly dated stylewise. My personal feeling on this that if one ear is your thing then go for it, it's all about what makes you happy.

That's my view as well. I currently have only my left ear pierced and wear a stud, but I am aware this is not the current fashion. I would like to wear earrings in both ears as this is the latest style.
I was sitting in my bosses office (a female mid 50's) and we have been friends for a few years. she noticed me start to wear my earring a few months ago. she said to me today. "You know if you had both ears pierced that would look more trendy. it would look good with  your shaved head". I couldn't agree more! the only thing stopping me is my wife would be dead set against it.
not sure what to do. BTW I'm 50 and have only worn earrings for short periods over the last 30 years.

OK, so I got my right ear pierced and am wearing a black stud in my right ear to match my left ear. I am at work today and my boss (female) complimented me on it saying it looks good on me, wearing earrings in both ears. I will have a harder time convincing my wife. I may have to take it out tonight when my wife gets home as I'm not sure how she will react. But I will wear it again tomorrow when she is at work.
it feels really good to wear earring in both ears. i think it looks good with the shaved head.

I had to take out the earring in my right ear due to it was getting infected. It was sore and wasn't healing properly. I wore it from the Friday until the Monday. I wasn't using the proper type of piercing studs, just some cheap posts. Guess that's important to use the proper studs!

So, I'm still wearing one in the left ear and have changed it up a bit and am now wearing a small diamond stud. Not sure if I will go ahead and pierce the right ear again. i liked it but not sure if I want to do it at this time. I haven't ruled it out, just waiting for the right time.

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2015, 08:35:51 AM »

I had to take out the earring in my right ear due to it was getting infected. It was sore and wasn't healing properly. I wore it from the Friday until the Monday. I wasn't using the proper type of piercing studs, just some cheap posts. Guess that's important to use the proper studs!

So, I'm still wearing one in the left ear and have changed it up a bit and am now wearing a small diamond stud. Not sure if I will go ahead and pierce the right ear again. i liked it but not sure if I want to do it at this time. I haven't ruled it out, just waiting for the right time.

So I've re-pierced my right ear and am currently wearing small black studs in both ears again. I've worn them to work this past week and no negative comments. People are getting used to me with both ears pierced. So far no infection, either.  O0
Got a family function this afternoon. It will be interesting the reaction I get as they haven't seen me with both ears pierced. Not sure how they (my sisters and brothers in law) will take it :/O.
I'm trying to remain strong but if they react negatively, not sure what I will do. I'm a little worried about it actually, I know I shouldn't be, I'm a grown man.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:38:27 AM by paperclip »

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2015, 02:44:30 PM »

OK, so I had 2 family functions in the past two days (Canadian Thanksgiving). No one at either said anything about the earrings. I know that my sisters noticed it. I saw them glancing at my right ear but they didn't say anything--at all. I guess it really is a non issue

anyway, I'm going to go out this week and look for either some huggie hoops or CBR's to wear once my right ear heals. I had a CBR 10 years ago when I was wearing my left earring only, but I lost the bead when I dug out my earrings this time around. I 'm not sure what gauge it was, I'm thinking 14 or 12.

it feels really great to be wearing earrings in both ears and it really fits with the sly look. I would like to encourage anyone who is thinking about piercing their ear to do both as it is more trendy. It is totally your choice of course and if you feel more comfortable with only one then that is perfectly fine as well.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:47:24 PM by paperclip »

Offline paperclip

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2015, 05:56:44 AM »
So I'm still doing the two earrings thing and loving it.

A bit of an update. I had another compliment at work about my earrings, another co-worker noticed them last week in the lunch room. WE don't work too closely but have been working at the same place for years. Anyway, she saw me in the lunch room and said "are those new?" referring to the black studs I was wearing. I said that I have been wearing the one in my left ear for about 6 months but just pierced my right ear in September. She said it looked cool and that I looked better with both ears pierced, even for someone my age. As we ended our conversation she said "don't take them out, keep them they look cool." so that was a bit of a confidence boost.

As for my wife, she hasn't really said anything negative...yet about my earrings. I bought a silver chain bracelet and started wearing that a few weeks ago. It's a nice masculine looking bracelet. she noticed it one day and says jokingly "what's with all the jewelry...two earrings...bracelet, necklace? ". I just shrugged and said I like it. She didn't say anything else, so I guess she's not bothered by the earrings. she probably just thinks I'm crazy :px
I thought to myself at the time that I better stop buying more jewelry or I'll have to hand in my "man card" ;D