HomeForumBlogProduct ReviewsAbout UsStoreGear
Sly Bald Guys Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 03:08:39 PM
Home Help Search Links Login Register
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys! Please take a look around and pay special attention to our community. You won't find a more supportive group of men on the internet.

News: Hey everyone, help spread the word about Sly Bald Guys.  It's easy, all you need to do is click on this link.  It will only take a second.  Thanks for your support!

http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=http://www.slybaldguys.com/index.php&title=Sly+Bald+Guys

+  Sly Bald Guys Forum
|-+  Grooming/Care
| |-+  Head Shaving
| | |-+  Electric Shavers for head?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Digg This!StumbleUpon This site
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Electric Shavers for head?  (Read 4768 times)
letitshine
Learning the way of Sly

« on: July 29, 2011, 10:42:20 AM »

Hi Guys,

I have been bald by choice since 10 months now, partly due to bald patch also Wink

Anyhow, i am tired of going to local barber for shave every week. Can anyone suggest if i can use Braun Series 7 to shave my head every alternate days?

Cheers.
Sly Bald Guys Forum
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:42:20 AM »

Sly Joe Leo
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »

I use a basic Norelco electric razor myself. It works well, though I need to clear the hair out of it several times during the head shave, but it's worth it. Any good electric razor will do. I use either aftershave gel or really good lotion on my head after the shave, as my skin is moderately sensitive. It all seems to work.

Good luck!
npsbg
Sly Bureau
United States United States

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »

I use a Panasonic LA63 every day.  It's a wet or dry shaver, so you can use it with shaving cream.  It gives a nice close shave without irritation and is very easy to keep clean.

Give it a try with the Braun.  Should work fine.   
buddha
Sly Bureau

Recently ordained Dudeist priest.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »

Electrics work well enough. I have an older Braun Series 3 that I've replaced the blades/screen on once. The mistake that I made was reading Simply Red's posts about the Panasonic Linears so I tried an ES8243K a couple of years ago. The Braun has not seen the light of day since.
I normally shave with a Head Blade but when I'm in a hurry or just want a touch up or am nursing cuts the Panasonic perfo rms pretty near as well as a blade. Plus it's a wet/dry, which my old Braun is not, so I can use it in the shower.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.
baldOUfan
Sly Okie
Sly

Boomer Sooner

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 09:11:41 PM »

Norelco Headgroom here seems to get close but not in one swipe. It clogs in between the blades when I shave my head but I have thick hair. Just wipe with brush and its ok.

shurhad
Learning the way of Sly

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »

Ive been using the Panasonic ES8228 wet/dry. It does a great job
Sly Bald Guys Forum
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »

npsbg
Sly Bureau
United States United States

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »

The Panasonic is very good, but I still finish with a HeadBlade to get even smoother.
jimbo48
Sly

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 05:55:04 PM »

I have been using the Conair CleanHead for 7 months and it gives a good close shave.
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Enter your email address: