Author Topic: I apologize, but its another headblade topic  (Read 2976 times)

Offline deadohsky

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Exterminate all rational thought.
I apologize, but its another headblade topic
« on: September 17, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »
I got myself a headblade along with some headslick  a few days ago and have been very surprised.  I haven't nicked myself yet which i was expecting the first time out, and although i've only used it three times so far, i have much less irritation and my head seems smoother.

Offline jamesh75

• Sly
Re: I apologize, but its another headblade topic
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 01:54:28 PM »
Glad it's working for you.  I love my Headblade, I wouldn't enjoy shaving near as much without it.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 02:24:29 PM »
I got myself a headblade along with some headslick  a few days ago and have been very surprised.  I haven't nicked myself yet which i was expecting the first time out, and although i've only used it three times so far, i have much less irritation and my head seems smoother.

DING! DING! DING!
We have a winner.  O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline 1longrange

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 06:39:50 PM »
It's a good tool. Only nicked myself once so far and that was because I was going to fast and lifted the back  :Xo! Not smart!! I made note to self not to that again.  O0

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 06:40:07 PM »
I've nicked myself twice with mine in 2.5 years...and I probably deserved it! >:D

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »
 I have the epitomy of a love hate relationship with the Headblade. I love the shave I get with it but if I do get a cut/slice its very unforgiving. I mention slice due to the fact everytime I have resulted in bleeding from using the headblade its like a nice piece of meat going threw the slicer...shazam!!! :o But in all I'm satisfied with my HB classic and the assortment of blades you can use on it. If you've learned anything when using a blade to your head ( especially the Headblade ) is slow is fast !

Offline Stevo

• Agile, Mobile, Audiophile
  • Sly
    • Country Road of Life
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 08:17:34 PM »
I have the epitomy of a love hate relationship with the Headblade. I love the shave I get with it but if I do get a cut/slice its very unforgiving. I mention slice due to the fact everytime I have resulted in bleeding from using the headblade its like a nice piece of meat going threw the slicer...shazam!!! :o But in all I'm satisfied with my HB classic and the assortment of blades you can use on it. If you've learned anything when using a blade to your head ( especially the Headblade ) is slow is fast !

Don't want to sound like a salesman, but I'd reccomend upgrading to an HB sport.  I've found that the wheels on the back help the blade glide over the head smoother, and I can keep more pressure on the back than with the classic.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:52 PM »

Don't want to sound like a salesman, but I'd reccomend upgrading to an HB sport.  I've found that the wheels on the back help the blade glide over the head smoother, and I can keep more pressure on the back than with the classic.

I hate that wheel :Xo! and to be honest I dont get any better of a shave with the HBsport than I do with the classic, the classic is at a more aggresive degree of angle when its on the head....I think ???

Your not sounding like a salesman.

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 08:25:58 AM »
I agree ShadowSide.  My first HeadBlade was the "Sport" model.  After cutting my self once by the ears I learned that I should use a mach III to clean up around the ears.  A few months of being Sly I decided to buy the HeadBlade "Ghost" model (basically a clear version of the classic).  Since receiving the "ghost", it's all I've used to shave the dome.  I too feel that I get a bit of a better shave over the "sport" model.  The thing I like the most about it, though, is the fact I can shave around the ears without any issues of cuting myself! 

HeadBlade fan here!

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
I think I'm going to pick up a ghost.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 12:44:31 PM »
<----------Die Hard HeadBlader
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 07:50:58 AM »
deadohsky, don't knock it.  Some people just can't adjust to the HB - sounds like you're one of the fortunate ones.  I couldn't live without mine.  I have the Headblade S4 (stainless steel) that they don't make any more.  Just remember, don't rush the HB.  It saves enough time anyway over conventional shaving IMO, no need to hurry and have an accident.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/