Author Topic: Coffee With a Dose of Ego Boost  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Coffee With a Dose of Ego Boost
« on: June 25, 2014, 05:33:51 AM »
I stopped in for gas at a little mom and pop type convenience store on my way to work. While the pump was doing its thing, I went into the store for coffee.

There were two clerks inside, both of whom looked enough alike to be brothers. Both showed obvious MPB, and both were buzzed really close. I noticed both of them were casting quick glances my way as I poured the coffee.

The one who took my payment stared right at my scalp and said he really liked my head. The other then chimed in and asked how I got it so smooth. The first one then asked if it was difficult to get it like that. I told them my routine, what razor I use and how little time it takes. They were surprised that there was nothing special about what I did except for the fact it involved my scalp. They did not say they were going to shave, but they said my head looked like glass and they liked it. I thanked them and repeated as I left that it was really simple to do.

I think I may be going back there this week for a second cup.

"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Re: Coffee With a Dose of Ego Boost
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 05:56:55 AM »
Cool story Cavedweller! It always surprises me when people find out how easy it is to shave the head.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 05:59:32 AM by -Doug- »
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 06:44:01 AM »
Maybe when you go back you'll find two shiny, smooth as glass heads just like yours!
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 07:48:56 AM »
Yes, lots of interest. At the local pub yesterday, I sat next to an elderly guy with just the horseshoe fringe. He looked at me and said "wow, I thought my part was getting pretty wide, but yours is huge." Went to the Back to the 50's car show last Friday, about 25,000 people there, and seriously, I saw at least 500 to 700 sly guys there.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Enter your email address: