Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605775 times)

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #855 on: January 25, 2016, 05:50:01 PM »
Well after reading all 57 pages of everyone's experience with hair removal I have made an appointment with my local dermatologist to have the remaining hair on my head removed. My goals are to reduce the frequency and time invested in shaving and to save money. It's going to run me between $600-$800 for the total process, depending on the total number of sessions required. My consult and first session is February 16th. I'm excited and can't wait. I love my bald head and like a friend said to me the other day, I can't imagine you with hair again. You look so much better bald. I couldn't agree more.

I'll keep everyone updated on the process and progress.

Definitely keep us updated.  My goals will be similar.  Reduce the time needed and increase the comfort associated with shaving.  A bonus would be shadow reduction.  It will probably be the first thing I save up for after getting our student loans paid off and our emergency fund built back up.

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #856 on: March 08, 2016, 09:17:49 PM »
Hi all! Just wanted to update, as it's been a year since I did my last session.
I'm very happy with results. I did about 10 sessions just to remind you. First of all, I can shave once 2-4 weeks only. The hairs are very thin. No shadow at all. Over that, I made a tatooing, which is very light (shaved hairs simulation). Also the shine has reduced a lot as I don't have to wash my scalp as often with soap. It's a nice thing as it was shining like a mirror bulb. And no irritation on the back from shaving.
People generally say good things about it. It definitely miles better than horseshoe. Cheeers!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:20:39 PM by fewef »

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #857 on: April 12, 2016, 03:24:43 AM »
You made a tattoing??

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #858 on: April 12, 2016, 04:23:41 PM »
Yes, but not with this gel. I won't say where, it doesn't matter much. All I can say it's very good! O0 It's too light though, I need to save up for the 3-rd session.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #859 on: April 12, 2016, 05:46:22 PM »
guess I can't understand something...
you said you lasered the scalp to get rid of the hair and then got a tattoo that simulates hair?

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #860 on: April 12, 2016, 06:06:09 PM »
Correct, as I was tired shaving my nw7 horseshoe, which was very dense at the back. Now I have a uniform shaved look across the head, and I don't have to shave it often.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #861 on: April 12, 2016, 06:16:18 PM »
Correct, as I was tired shaving my nw7 horseshoe, which was very dense at the back. Now I have a uniform shaved look across the head, and I don't have to shave it often.

wouldn't you like better a totally shadow free scalp?

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #862 on: April 12, 2016, 06:31:57 PM »
wouldn't you like better a totally shadow free scalp?
I was wearing like this for several years. And I liked better with shadow. And I'd also prefer hair. I'm not bald by choice. But today I look like one, which is a nice addition. I'm sure in the US or where you are having a totally shaved head is much more common without shadow. O0 I hope we don't start flaming which is better. Each to his own. Having more option is always better.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 06:34:05 PM by fewef »

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #863 on: April 12, 2016, 06:48:08 PM »
no flaming at all!  :)
just wanted to understand what you did and for which reason: now that you explained I can say that it makes sense, even if I like better shadowfree, but it's my personal taste.
Sure with shadow looks more natural.

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #864 on: April 12, 2016, 06:58:58 PM »
no flaming at all!  :)
just wanted to understand what you did and for which reason: now that you explained I can say that it makes sense, even if I like better shadowfree, but it's my personal taste.
Sure with shadow looks more natural.
Thank you. Well, it's a minor difference for outside viewers. Though it makes some difference. It was very expensive though for the whole head - around 4k us for 2 sessions. To most people we are "bald" anyway, shaven or not. One dance teacher likes bald guys, she is a nice one. So all people like different stuff.  :) (I didn't believe it before, it just was my cage of frustration).
I think both totally epolated head and all tatooed look better than a horseshoe. They are consistent visually.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #865 on: April 12, 2016, 11:10:10 PM »
As someone who got a head tattoo, I must say the main reason I did it was for scar concealment and not so much for the horseshoe. I will say that I am a lot less OCD about shaving when I shave wet, and it has made me shave more consistently than I did before. Also, remember that your body chemicals will eventually break the tattoo down, so touchups will be needed at some point. Also, when I want the shadow-free look, I just rub concealer all over my head.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #866 on: May 23, 2016, 07:41:47 PM »
It's funny with the debate that broke out in this thread, I have been debating doing micropigmentation or hair removal. Right now I have a horseshore plus a patch in front, and I can see the patch shadow when I shave bald and and the extreme thinness behind it with a tight buzz.

But I guess I could do hair removal with the tattoo to resolve this. That is why I like this board!
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #867 on: May 24, 2016, 12:28:01 PM »
I chose to have laser treatments because I like being sly, but my shadow was uneven.  When my hair started to go grey, I got clumps and spots of grey as well as grey hair at the temples, so my shadow was patchy.  After laser treatments my shadow is very, very faint and my scalp looks uniformly bald - a huge improvement, I think.

Micropigmentation gives the appearance of a nice even dark shadow and can look good.   

Both are permanent alterations to your scalp, so be sure you know what you want to do (and in what order if you want to do both!) 

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #868 on: June 11, 2016, 05:33:03 PM »
I just had a first laser treatment yesterday. I had been considering for some time, I just was getting sick of the major horse-shoe around the back of my head with was still quite heavy, and I am fair skinned so it was quite obvious. so time to fully embrace the baldness, and am at peace with being bald, maybe I'll do less treatments and leave it still fine, but with 4 weeks between visits there's plenty of time to think
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #869 on: June 12, 2016, 12:31:41 AM »
Good luck, Dan! Keep us posted, hope it goes well...At the end of the day, we all have to do what is best for ourselves regardless of positive or adverse opinions of others.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.