Author Topic: confidence issues  (Read 3271 times)

Offline baldingspaniard22

• Learning the way of Sly
confidence issues
« on: February 13, 2016, 06:30:46 AM »
Hey guys,

I've recently gone to the dermatologist and he said I was balding. I don't know whether or not to take finasteride as it's just delaying the inevitable. Going bald as always been my biggest fear since I was 16 years old and now that it's going to become a reality I am scared it's going to destroy my already really low self-steem. I am only 24 years old and, given the fact that the gay world is super superficial I am scared that no one will ever find me attractive again. I decided to shave my head to see what I would look like bald and it turns out I have a pretty weird head shape (I think. I uploaded a picture). Do you guys think I should just give up on finasteride or continue?

Thanks

-A

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: confidence issues
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 07:21:57 AM »
Welcome!

I see some slight receding, but the photo with the short cut looks good! As far as the fin, I would avoid it, but it's your choice. It may affect your performance down the road, if you know what I mean.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 10:14:40 AM »
Looks fine to me.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline KDusk

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 11:34:07 AM »
I agree with the previous posters, the buzz cut looks good, but even if you'd shave you'd still look good. You are a handsome guy with a nice beard and strong eyebrows, which is always a great combo with a shaved head IMO.

About the confidence issues... I know the gay world seems superficial, but there are many people who are looking for meaningful things, just like you do. And since we're all men, at one point almost all of us are going to encounter a receding hairline or a bald spot, some just at a younger age than others.

I know no one wants to go bald at 24 (I  started going bald at 21, shaved my head at 24), but the world is full of young bald/shaved men. Sportsmen, actors, some of the guys at the gym and most of all: young gay men. Once you see that a shaved head can be attractive as well, it becomes a non-issue.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:48:22 AM by KDusk »

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 12:18:08 PM »
I think you would look great fully shaved. I had my doubts at first also, but i got over them before even shaving. Anyway, i find i actually get hit up more often on thecdating sites i beling to now that I've shaved. And btw i am bald by choice and gay. So hope that helps you make your decision
Bald by chioce, never going back

Enter your email address: