Author Topic: Need help about Grain !  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Bald4Ever

• Learning the way of Sly
Need help about Grain !
« on: February 10, 2016, 07:47:34 AM »
Hello everybody,

I was reading the forum for a long time and I decided to join it at last. Nice to meet you all :) I am shaving my head for one year and I am 22. I got some problems in my headshaves. The biggest problem is that I don't know if I should shave against the grain or not ? I know many videos and topics say you should shave against the grain one time for a smooth shave. I first tried to shave my face against the grain, and it was a bloody experience.(All pre-shave steps applied) Then a friend of mine that is also shaving his head, told me that head is different than the face and I should try shaving against the grain in my headshave. I tried it and it was again a little bloody experience especially at the sides and back of my head. There isn't any problem shaving against the grain at the top of my head but sides and back is terrible. Also some pimples appeared at the sides of my head after shaving against the grain. I like the feeling of shaving against the grain as it is smooth as a baby's bottom but the bloods and pimples make it impossible to do it again. If I don't shave against the grain, back of my head and sides are growing faster than the top, and it becomes darker.(I hate that look) What should I do ?

I am currently using Edwin Jagger DE89, Astra Green Blade, Gillette Foam

I am taking a hot shower before the shave, then applying a hot towel. For after shave I am using Prorosa Pre-After Cream. I tried to use Nivea Shaving Cream and Arko Shaving Soap but I couldn't lather the soap neither the cream. But Gillette foam is working good if I don't shave against the grain. Please help :(

Offline rodey201

• Sly Jr.
Re: Need help about Grain !
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 11:26:43 AM »
I started off just shaving with the grain then after a few months when my skin was used to it and i was a bit more skilled woth the blade i started shaving atg.

Enter your email address: