Author Topic: Noob  (Read 10180 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Re: Noob
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 11:22:03 PM »
Oh Yeah!  No one will be staring at your thinning hair anymore.  They will be looking at your eyes - and that chin!  Man that chin says; "Go ahead, mess with me; make my day!"

Badass indeed!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 11:53:01 PM »
Welcome to the board, Balderenz.

I think you made the right decision. Looks good.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Mantus

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 03:10:15 AM »
I fully agree here! From someone who is losing his long hair soon, its good to see an example from someone who trades this for a shaven head, it looks great!

Offline Balderenz

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 05:05:13 AM »
Thanks guys! I'm really happy with it.. still getting some mixed reviews from friends but i think its because some never even noticed the thinning. Also, The only issue i had buzzing was the back of my head, i had the clippers on an angle every time trying to get back there so it was pretty uneven. Luckily i had a friend who was coming over and i just made her finish the rest of it to even it up. Any tips to do it yourself and keep the clippers even with your head?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 06:16:51 AM »
Usually, when shaving your head with a no-guard clipper or with a razor, it may take a few times, but most of the time, you just have to go by feel. It's a little hard doing it holding a mirror in one hand, and clippers in the other, but some people have a three-door (mirror) medicine cabinet and they just fold the two end doors in at an angle which allows them to see the back of the head real good...Or you can just get the help of a friend/buddy. Of course you can always shell out a few bucks at a barbershop.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 10:34:39 AM »
It's takes some practice but you will learn about your head shape, in time.  So, practice makes perfect.  By the end of 30 days it will be easy

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 04:17:48 PM »
Great improvement!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Enter your email address: