Author Topic: Levels of sheen  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Teehach

• Sly Jr.
Levels of sheen
« on: March 09, 2010, 09:44:23 AM »
I've been trying to get different levels of sheen lately just to see which one is for me.  I started with no sheen at all by finishing my routine with and astringent.  I was happy with the the results.

I wanted to see if i could get a little shine so I started to add aloe vera gel after the astringent and that seemed like a semi-gloss finish.  Not bad.

For more shine than that I tried using EV olive oil per a thread I read on this site.  I got a little more shine.

Now I want to try to obtain the ultimate high gloss finish.  Is there a way to get this without my head feeling or looking greasy.  I know Headslick has a gloss finish but I've read here that is is very greasy.  Not gonna work if it is greasy.

I also read a post about someone using a mixture of Baby oil and EV olive oil and then buffing his head to an immaculate shine.  This is my goal.

Can anyone tell me about "buffing" you head.  Stuff like, what do I use for buffing, a towel or cloth, and what do you put one your head

Any info greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Scott

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Levels of sheen
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 09:52:11 AM »
My dome is naturally shiny, but I do use a sunscreen everyday.  I find that when first applied they are EXTREMELY greasy at the spf level I need and want, 50-70.  So, I let them sit for about 20-30 minutes while I eat breakfast, etc., then before I put on my t shirt, dress shirt & tie, I literally buff the noggin down with the t shirt getting rid of the excess sunscreen, shine is really high, the rub feels good. And I know I'm protected from the sun.  For a blinding skull, accept the slippery feel and don't buff it off-shine will blind. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:15:15 AM »
Try BaldGuyz sunscreen - it will give you a really good shine without the greasy feeling.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Teehach

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 10:22:27 AM »
Thanks Saint and Tyler, thats just the kind of info I need.

SBG forums never disappoint.

Another kinda silly question.  Do you guys try different "finishes" for diffrerent occasions?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 01:27:29 PM »

Another kinda silly question.  Do you guys try different "finishes" for diffrerent occasions?

I usually wear a matte look, but if I'm going out to a club or something, I might throw on some gloss to shine it up a bit.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 02:11:29 PM »

I bought some HB matte lube for my daughter's wedding--couldn't tone down the lights for nothing.  So one bottle of lube under the sink, never gonna get used again.