Author Topic: Show us your beard!  (Read 889878 times)

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Show us your beard!
« Reply #2520 on: October 26, 2016, 12:24:02 AM »
All good things...

As many of you know I have a very long beard that I keep rolled up in such a way that it appears like a regular length beard.  For a long time now it has bugged me that I have a big beard that seems short,  but I could never get myself to cut it. I've finally decided to do it this weekend and this decision has definitely meet the 24 hour rule.

It's going to be tough because it took so long to grow out,  but yet by going to a short beard I intend to keep it untied,  so my short beard will actually seem bigger than my long beard... If all goes as planned.  In a big DIYer so I must trim it myself.

A couple months ago i trimmed the longest section of my goatee that reached my upper leg to match the rest of the length of the rest which is about 2.5 years old.  That trim has kinda lifted the trim-ban mentality I had.  Also last weekend I trimmed the poofy sideburn area and like it better.

Now my goal is to have a well-maintained big beard that is my everyday beard.  I'm looking forward to being able to scratch it and brush it however I feel lol!

Of course expect pics of the difference. 
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2521 on: October 26, 2016, 08:42:40 PM »
Wow, Rusty. This is big news.

I personally will be sad to see that magnificent length cut, but I can understand your reasoning.

Ya gotta do what is best for you.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2522 on: October 28, 2016, 02:25:27 AM »
I admit that I am getting cold feet, but it's gonna happen.  Naturally ever day at work I've run into other guys from other departments with massive beards and it's making me question myself! It's odd that I have this incredibly long beard,  and will be cutting most of it off,  yet I will end up looking like I have a bigger beard.  I just want a big beard that I can just let loose without being a complete pita like it is now when I have it unleashed.

If I don't post an update by Sunday night it's because I caved or I did it and jumped off the nearest bridge in dispair!

But I was already past the 24 hour rule long ago and have remained decided upon doing this.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2523 on: October 28, 2016, 04:09:56 AM »
I admit that I am getting cold feet, but it's gonna happen.  Naturally ever day at work I've run into other guys from other departments with massive beards and it's making me question myself! It's odd that I have this incredibly long beard,  and will be cutting most of it off,  yet I will end up looking like I have a bigger beard.  I just want a big beard that I can just let loose without being a complete pita like it is now when I have it unleashed.

If I don't post an update by Sunday night it's because I caved or I did it and jumped off the nearest bridge in dispair!

But I was already past the 24 hour rule long ago and have remained decided upon doing this.

So don't do it!!!

I SO regret the chop from last year...

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2524 on: October 29, 2016, 02:40:23 AM »
I just did it.  Here is a before all rolled up for the last time:

Here is is unleashed for the last time.  Remember that a couple months ago I evened out the length:

And now trimmed short :

And a momento:

Now to see if I'll regret it in the morning... And no I'm not drunk lol

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2525 on: October 29, 2016, 05:34:31 AM »
Looks great!

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #2526 on: October 29, 2016, 06:26:24 AM »
Still looks great, at least you won't  need to keep hiding it all the time now.
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2527 on: October 29, 2016, 06:33:31 AM »
looks great and its not hidden now!

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2528 on: October 29, 2016, 10:42:54 AM »
A very brave move.  Personally I  think the new length looks great.
Roger

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2529 on: October 29, 2016, 07:38:41 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I've gone a day with the new beard length and like it.  I measured it out to 4" which gets me close to yeard length,  it's nice to be able to "comb" it and poof it round with my hands.  I'll miss being able to say i had a long beard but don't miss having it.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #2530 on: October 29, 2016, 09:42:03 PM »

Razor, I agree that it is so nice to see you smile!  I am jealous of your mustache!  I am hoping I can get mine trained that way!  But the longer beard is looking great and of course, so is the bald head!  I hope you will join me on the long beard journey!  While I know you don't like your grey, I think it will be very distinguished on you!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #2531 on: October 29, 2016, 09:44:55 PM »
Rusty, both your long beard and new length look great.  It is important that you are happy with it!  But I am hoping that I can grow one that was as long as yours was!  It was a thing of beauty and a worthy beard to emulate!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2532 on: October 29, 2016, 11:35:48 PM »
I just did it.  Here is a before all rolled up for the last time:

Now to see if I'll regret it in the morning... And no I'm not drunk lol

Speechless!!!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2533 on: November 01, 2016, 01:51:14 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I've gone a day with the new beard length and like it.  I measured it out to 4" which gets me close to yeard length,  it's nice to be able to "comb" it and poof it round with my hands.  I'll miss being able to say i had a long beard but don't miss having it.

Rusty, the trim looks good.  I have always had beard envy when I saw your photos, and I still do after the trim.  I cannot seem got get beyond 6 or 7 inches, and you took off what appears to be over 12 inches and still have a 4 inch beard.  Amazing growth.  Maybe not now, but I bet it returns at some point.
SlyBeard

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2534 on: November 14, 2016, 03:22:58 PM »
It does look really good, Rusty. Crazy to see that monster go, but you're still rockin' a hell of a beard.  O0

No updates on mine. I've pretty much reached terminal length, and my lovely wife keeps it looking nice for me. Although, I've been considering going to a barber. Just to see how it looks in a professional's hands.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Enter your email address: