Author Topic: pimples on head but not razor burn  (Read 79897 times)

Offline billyapd21

• Sly Guy in Training
pimples on head but not razor burn
« on: May 28, 2008, 09:14:20 AM »
hello all, I am new to the forum and have been shaving my head for about a month now.  I really like the way it looks and feels.  So far I have been using the power fusion with head slick and Gillete shaving gel.  I Shave against the grain and get a really close shave without any razor burn.  However, recently I have been getting random pimples on my head.  I am not sure what is causing them.  I don't know if it is because the weather is gettin nice and I have been sweating more or what.  I was wondering if anyone new of any products that I can use to clear up my head.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: pimples on head but not razor burn
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 10:53:46 AM »
Welcome to the Forum BILLY!!! I've heard HeadShed will help with this. many of us use St. Ives Apricot scrub..... that may or may not help.

Can i get a helping hand from one of the Brothers!!!! :)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline billyapd21

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 11:35:40 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I was thinking about picking up that st. Ives and some aloe vera.  Currently I use a loreal after shave moisturizer with spf 15 for after the shave.  I think that works well. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:23:02 PM »
I noticed that with the summer coming, I'm sweating more at night which has caused me to break out.  I started to make sure I ALWAYS wash my dome before going to bed.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »
Just like with the face...I have found the key to staying pimple free is to keep your head clean (washing twice a day) but moisturized at the same time. So in the hotter months, take two showers a day, and don't hesitate to wipe down your noggin if it gets sweaty. And anytime you wash your head, make sure you moisturize it, because overly dry skin is also prone to breakouts. Good luck!

P.S. I'm just recently started going sly, so I have yet to experience the summer heat and a sly head. But I would assume the head and face would work the same way...
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 01:27:38 PM »
Ok here are some things to do.

Like my bro Jdog said use stridex or clean and clear wipes periodically through the day. They will help remove oil and pore clogging debris.

And StogieStang said he was getting acne and all he did to clear it up was rub his head down with alcohol in the shower and it helped clear him up.

Use acne treatments like Benzoil Peroxide for spot treatments.

As much as it sucks dont constantly rub your head. You can be spreading bacteria and oils on it that could cause more breakouts.

Hope this help!
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 02:53:27 PM »
billy:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  my sly brahs have given U some good advice.  keep us posted on your road 2 slyness.  glad that ya found us & hope U become an active member of the best site on the internet.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline madturk

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 09:53:34 AM »
Hey Billy,
I have been shaving my dome for the last 14 years and the only time I seem to get pimples is if I use my razor for too long.  Try changing your razor often and see if that helps.

Mad Turk

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 10:31:01 AM »
I have been getting some pimples...and it's on the one side of my head where I sleep. Gonna wash my pillowcase and make sure it's nice and clean. And use some acne pads on my dome periodically.

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 10:32:19 AM »
Yeah I agree with J Digory...I find its usually on the side where i sleep. So I keep my pillowcases washed and clean.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »
And anytime you wash your head, make sure you moisturize it, because overly dry skin is also prone to breakouts. Good luck!

It has been my experience that the more you moisturize, the more the breakouts.

I suggest you use an oil-free moisturizer. Before applying the moisturizer to your head put a witch hazel wash over it. That will take care of the bacteria that will cause pimles and breakouts.

Clean & Clear Daily Cleansing Pads are also a good way to combat the breakouts too.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline billyapd21

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »
Hey guys I'm back.  So after dealing with the break outs for a while and trying everything I can think of to get rid of them I grew my hair back.  I recently I decided to shave my head again.  Everything went well no razor burn no irritation at all.  However, the next day I began to break out with pimples again.  Mostly on the back of my head.  I don't know what to do.  My current shave routine includes.

1. Hot shower
2. Shave secret oil and Head Slick
3. Guilette Power Glide
4. Cold water rinse
5. aloe vera

Any suggestions to get rid of the pimples?  It's def not razor burn because they don't show up till a day later.  I've been shaving every other day but right now my break out is so bad that I'm letting everything heal before I shave again.  I'm on my third day sinse shaving and the pimples are getting worse.  Thanks for the help guys.  I'm trying to be sly but maybe sly isn't for me.

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 12:47:39 PM »
I'm guessing the aloe vera might be part of the problem.  I use it on occasion to get a good shine and have noticed that it leaves a sort of finish on the skin - this might be clogging your pores.  There are some moisturizing creams that are made specifically for faces that are formulated not to plug up pores.  I think the term they use is that they are non-cosmo something or other.  Unless someone else on here can jump in wiht a specific brand I think your best beet is to go into a  pharmacy that has a cosmetics sales person and ask her for help.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 01:50:31 PM »
Remember, keeping the dome clean will keep it clear.  Get a mild anti-bacterial soap, Cuticura is my choice, wash your dome 2 even three times a day--and it feels good too.  Get some 10% Benzoyl Peroxide lotion--the cream is too hard to rub in, and some hydrocortizone lotion, mix about a pea size portion of each in your palm and rub it into your freshly shaved dome--right after a wipe down with an astringent like hydrogen peroxide or witch hazel.  Don't forget to exfoliate too--although there's no hair the folllicles are still making oil and can clog up!
Finally, make sure you're changing the pillowcases regularly, at least once a week, and if you do wear a hat, make sure it's clean.
That's about it.  Should clear up in a week.
If it doesn't check with the doctor, it could be a skin condition that needs some heavier hitting.

Offline billyapd21

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 01:58:27 PM »
Remember, keeping the dome clean will keep it clear.  Get a mild anti-bacterial soap, Cuticura is my choice, wash your dome 2 even three times a day--and it feels good too.  Get some 10% Benzoyl Peroxide lotion--the cream is too hard to rub in, and some hydrocortizone lotion, mix about a pea size portion of each in your palm and rub it into your freshly shaved dome--right after a wipe down with an astringent like hydrogen peroxide or witch hazel.  Don't forget to exfoliate too--although there's no hair the folllicles are still making oil and can clog up!
Finally, make sure you're changing the pillowcases regularly, at least once a week, and if you do wear a hat, make sure it's clean.
That's about it.  Should clear up in a week.
If it doesn't check with the doctor, it could be a skin condition that needs some heavier hitting.

Thanks for the suggestions.  So I would put the combination of lotions on first then the witch hazel? Wouldn't the witch hazel remove the lotions from your head?