Author Topic: Don't know what to do???  (Read 9411 times)

Offline whitesnakefan88

• Learning the way of Sly
Don't know what to do???
« on: August 25, 2017, 02:07:42 PM »
I've tried this look a couple of times, but never stuck to it completely... just wondering what y'all thought???

Offline UVALee

• Sly Jr.
Re: Don't know what to do???
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 07:20:34 PM »
Keep it! The buzzed/shaved look works really well with the facial hair you have.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 08:26:46 PM »
Looks great, stick with it.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 12:38:24 AM »
Wow, you look great.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 01:24:09 AM »
wow what it look!   very masculine very much a "tough guy" look!  Wow! You sre in. ontrolL

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 06:27:03 AM »
Looks badass! I say keep it.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline whitesnakefan88

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 02:32:27 PM »
Hi thanks for the input.... I have decided to take the 30 days challenge... Here are the pictures of my 2nd shave

Offline nuts

• sly and bearded
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 02:42:28 PM »
Good decision.  Combined with  beard looks very good.
Roger

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 02:45:13 PM »
Looks good.  Hope you like it.  Do shave daily or nearly daily for 30 days to really give it a try.

This gives you enough time to build the shaving habit and to decide if you want to keep it up.  Smooth is really nice.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »
You look great with a shaved head, great shaped head. What made you want to go sly? Have you received good reactions?

FYI, if you enjoy the look and the shaving routine, it will be pretty hard to go back to having hair, this smooth bald head style becomes addicting.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Lenza

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 11:12:04 PM »
Yeah, you look good dude, bad ass. :-)

Offline whitesnakefan88

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 01:03:51 AM »
Yeah reddog, I have not had any real reactions to be honest with you (its one of the reasons I found this website), however I do feel as though I am treated with a little more respect. It is kinda strange when someone actually listens to you now.... I did it for many reasons:
1)It is hot in the south and I love to workout outside (I think I get my workout habits from wrestling..Hints the cauliflower ear) 
2)I'm in the military(in the reserves, so I can grow a beard once a month) and I work on C-17's. Actually this is the first time with a beard/shaved head
3)Could never find a good barber shop(every time they would always jack up head and then I'm out twenty dollars)
4)I know it makes me look older, but I don't mind it being in college a second time around. My first time I graduated with a middle/high school teaching degree, got a job, and kept getting fired(it's a long story)...These 18/19 years olds kinda get on my nerves when they complain about work (not all of them, but the majority of them)..So I want to distance myself as far away from them I as I can from them..Hopefully computer science (if I am able to get this degree...I do not like to count my chickens before they hatch) works out for me..If not hello A&P licenses and then I'm done with schooling....
5)My new alter ego version of Heisenberg(After teaching was not working out for me, I enlisted in the Air Force. I guess that was me breaking bad!!!)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 01:39:06 AM by whitesnakefan88 »

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 06:00:26 AM »
you reeally look good shaved.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 05:38:04 PM »
Looks good, and good luck on the 30 days.  I am in south Louisiana, and the cool feeling is one of the big advantages of being sly here.  I even enjoy it in the winter - the little that we get.  When I see a guy with thick long hair, I start sweating just thinking about it.

There are a few guys at the gym I go to that are also in the reserves and grow a new beard every month.  I always know when they just returned because that is the only time I see them with a smooth face.  Fortunately, you, as well as them, can grow decent looking facial hair in a short time.  For me, my beard grows slowly and looks terrible (patchy and sparse) for the first 8 to 12 weeks.

As for as the age thing goes, it is funny that a shaved head will make a young guy look older, but will make old guys like me look younger.  It is kind of an equalizer.

Most guys also notice the increase in respect with a shaved head.
SlyBeard

Offline whitesnakefan88

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »
As far as the respect thing... All my professors ask that I play "project manager", which I rather not, and it's (the act of shaving my head) about the only way they (and people in general) take me serious.... I don't mind a full head of hair, but people just walk over me...It's strange?!?! However, when I'm in my "Heisenberg" mode they do not mess with me.... While I was in training for my AFSC (it's code for my job in reserves) I would shave me head almost everyday.... I finally decided to let it grow out nearing my last month of training and well everyone told me I should have no hair!!

Enter your email address: