Author Topic: Do you consider shaving to be high maintenance or low maintenance?  (Read 22165 times)

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: Do you consider shaving to be high maintenance or low maintenance?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 07:16:28 PM »
I responded one to this, but for me it ls less maintenance (or time) to daily shave than the time it took to make my hair presentable each morning.
SlyBeard

Offline Calvo1029

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 07:52:24 PM »
High, need razors and shaving cream and if you miss a few days you need to trim first. 
If only I could figure out how to get rid of the hair that still comes back...

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2016, 09:30:32 AM »
I consider it high maintenance , but something I want to invest my time doing. I used to have really long hair back when I was a musician back in the late 80's/early 90's and it was a real pain to untangle my rats nest after a gig. After my hair started disappearing I finally started shaving my head with clippers but never went all the way because I was afraid I would cut my head off and didn't think my electric would be able to do the job. I was lazy and would go a few months between shaves and swore every time I would do better at keeping it trimmed but never did. I finally went sly and now I look forward to shaving every day....sometimes twice a day. :) I started out using my old electric and moved up to the Bald Eagle and now am using my safety razor . I am still slow at it but have been trying to practice as much as possible to get the technique down which is why I have been shaving twice a day for the last week. I even get up earlier in the morning so I can spend the extra time shaving. I love the whole brush/bowl experience...it really changed my thinking about shaving and my getting ready in the mornings in general.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2016, 04:51:49 PM »
Yes, being retired is a simple pleasure. Having the extra time every day to enjoy a lengthy bowl/brush, DE razor headshave. BBC here, so head and face take at least 30 minutes. Time well spent!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 07:55:22 PM »
High maintenance, bordering on royal pain in the ass...

would not advise anyone to do this by choice LOL

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2016, 01:54:02 PM »
I've been bald for almost a year now(on my birthday,July 9th) and I never thought about shaving my head often as high maintenance or low maintenance. What do you think?

High maintenance.

Shaving my head takes 10 minutes, which I do every other day. Used to be daily. So that's about 2.5 hour per month. When I had hair, a monthly visit to the barbers would be over in 15 minutes.

Then there's the beard to be groomed and washed once a week. And until recently, I'd spend 5 minutes each day waxing my moustache.

It's a full time job being a SBG !!

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2016, 06:43:49 PM »
I consider it a pleasure and not a chore. I never spent much time worrying too much about my appearance before I started shaving my head because once I started losing my hair I didn't want to spend much time doing more than washing it before I left the house. I started wet shaving my face again shortly after I started shaving my head....this time I started to shave properly and not rush through it like I had done off and on for 30 plus years. I now really enjoy my shaves and if I get a great shave in the morning it sets me up to have a good day. Now that my head is shaved I make sure I have a really great shave before I leave the house every morning ....so to me it is not high or low maintenance , it's just an enjoyable start to my day.