Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605792 times)

Offline viccash

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #945 on: March 07, 2017, 09:59:09 AM »
What is the approximate cost of each treatment?

The place I go charges $200 a session. However, I purchase a package of 6 sessions for $1,000. So I am basically paying for the price of 5. It is a good bundle.

Offline viccash

« Reply #946 on: March 07, 2017, 10:10:32 AM »
For anyone who is interested in laser hair removal on the scalp, it will take more sessions than you think you need. Laser hair removal requires patience. It is a slow process. It doesn't happen over night. It might not even happen during your first year. I went in for my first session in November 2014. My shadow started to fade away after my first treatment, but I had multiple patches. The patches disappear gradually over time. The shadow will also continue to disappear. After my 6th session, my shadow was nonexistent. My patches also reduced. By session 12, I had 0 patches. By this time, if any hair grew, it was generally peach fuzz in certain areas. Some areas just never grew hair again. It is now March 2017. I recently finished my 18th session. I am completely hairless. It was the best decision I have made in my life. I also have to mention. Everyone's experiences with laser hair removal will be different than others due to hair texture, hair thickness, the amount of hair that you have to begin with, and of course, genetics. Some people will require more sessions than others. Some people will feel more pain than others. Some people will experience more patches than others. During my first few sessions, I experienced these "tombstones." My hairs seemed thicker than they originally were. And they looked like rocks, and they could not be shaved. They were burned hairs. They eventually fell out within a week. Honestly, I looked worst after my first session than I did originally. But after a week, I noticed the results. And it was working. Some of you will be miserable during the beginning of the journey. But not everyone experiences this. Just be patient, and have a positive attitude.  Everyone's journey could be different. However, I do believe that everyone can get admirable results.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:53:41 PM by viccash »

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #947 on: March 08, 2017, 06:37:15 AM »
I can echo most of what Viccash said.  After the first treatment, I had a dark, rough shadow and shaving did nothing to smooth it out.  Then about a week afterward, I noticed that the dark hair was almost completely gone from the sides and top.  What remained on the back were two dark spots each about three inches by one and a half inches.  It took four sessions before these spots were gone and I had a uniformly clear-looking scalp.  Since then, the treatments have continued to diminish any shadow and I have no hairline left.  What hair remains is gray / white (laser doesn't work on this since it doesn't absorb enough energy).

Laser does take time and patience.  In my case, I was lucky that so much hair disappeared after the first treatment. I will admit feeling self conscious about the dark spots until they were gone, but am glad I went through with it because I like the look and feel of being bald. 

If you are contemplating laser treatment, be sure you want to do it and are willing to go through the transition period since individual results can vary widely.  In my case, I reached the point of no return (i.e., would not be able to grow my hair back) right after the first treatment because so much hair was gone.   

Offline Baldguy86

« Reply #948 on: April 13, 2017, 06:36:48 PM »
Hey guys ive just gone for my first laser hair treatment ...im fine with being a bald guy i actually perfer it but i do hate the ahadow thats why im going with laser hair removal n just to say it was painfull probably the most pain didnt last long but when there zapping away wow havnt seen any result buts its only been 24hrs since my firat treatment have to sayit is way more smooth then shaving srry i didnt specify my shadow is what they call a horse shoe dark on the sides my skin is pale so its very noticable n i dont feel fresh or comfertable after a shave illl keep u guys posted n make sure to upload a picture here n there

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #949 on: April 14, 2017, 11:35:42 AM »
You may not notice much of a change for several days after the treatment, but then in about 7 -
 10 days you'll notice how much of the shadow is gone. 

Offline Baldguy86

« Reply #950 on: April 15, 2017, 09:11:39 PM »

This is my head after day 3 of my first treatment

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #951 on: April 19, 2017, 06:28:58 PM »
I guess that I can see  why someone might want to go laser if they have a dark MPB  shadow; but would any of you who are BBC go for laser hair removal?

Offline SonicNoodles

« Reply #952 on: April 25, 2017, 03:09:55 AM »
I'm BBC and I would definitely do it if I could afford it.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #953 on: April 25, 2017, 06:21:14 AM »
Having white hair, I have no shadow at all, so the only benefit for me would eliminate the daily shave. That would be nice, but I still have urges to grow back my hair periodically, although I never make it more than 6 or 8 weeks before shaving it all again.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #954 on: May 01, 2017, 02:00:44 PM »
No, i would not use laser on my head.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #955 on: May 05, 2017, 09:39:57 AM »
I wouldn't either.

Offline DeanJones

• Dean Jones
  • Sly Jr.
  • Baldie for life!!!
« Reply #956 on: July 07, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »
I want to. I love being bald and I hope to one-day laser it so I can be permanently bald.
I think my hesitation right now is the cost, and the knowledge that it will be a time investment of more than a year, otherwise I would do it right now. I am bald by choice, and I plan on never having hair again.
I'm bald, and I love it! Bald is the best! Bald for life!

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #957 on: July 08, 2017, 09:35:14 AM »
If it werent so expensive, painful, and needing of multiple tratments to satisfactory results, i definitely would. I love being bald, plan on staying bbc until the day i die, and to never have to shave again, while still always having totally smooth scalp would be great. But since i like to shave my entire body, head to toe other than eyebrows, ehich i just trim, well that would be just too darned much. Maybe someday somebody will develop a pill for prople who want to become permanently hairless head to toe.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline sasha1

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #958 on: July 20, 2017, 10:45:20 AM »
i made 5x treatments on Nd:Yag laser (Deka Syncro FT), one session every month.
i tried different settings up to 50J power and 25 ms time of impulse.

and it completely grows back after 2-3 monthes. with no any long-term effect.

i m asking for help. i m losing hope to get rid of my hair.

please, tell me on which equipment and with which settings you succeed to permanently epilate your hair.
sorry for my bad english

Offline goncalohf

« Reply #959 on: April 22, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »
I’m lasering my all head. I did 3 treatments and still have hair groing but in patches. Some parts I can’t see any hairs growing. I hope all my head will be as smooth as possible