Author Topic: Is the bald eagle pro electric shaver worth it or no  (Read 4343 times)

Offline Gary1236

• Sly Jr.
Is the bald eagle pro electric shaver worth it or no
« on: May 23, 2016, 03:40:31 PM »
Anyone have experience with it does it give a close shave like super smooth? is it worth the cost

Offline SlyCatCrossing

• Sly
Re: Is the bald eagle pro electric shaver worth it or no
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 06:33:01 AM »
Preface this by saying I do not have personal experience with either.

I have done a lot of research and the general consensus I read and hear is that either the wahl 5 star or the andis pro foil lithium professional shavers are the way to go.  First off they are professional tools, highly doubt you'll ever see a legit pro barber using a bald eagle.  Second they are roughly half the price... So you can get a "toy" for $100+ or your can get a professional tool for $50-$60. Third the blades/foils on either the wahl or andis are supposedly sharper and last long as well as are cheaper to replace. Also keep in mind the motion, bald eagle goes in circles like any typical rotary shaver yet the wahl and andis are made to go in straight lines regardless of wtg, xtg, or atg.  Think of it like this: when you use a razor on your head you go in straight lines, not random circular motions correct?  Think about when you mow your lawn... Straight lines or random circles?

Hope this helps and also hope someone with first hand experience chimes in
Bearded, Bald By Choice, and breathin' the Florida ocean air

Offline Cobranet

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 07:55:39 AM »
Hello, Just joined the forum. I have the Bald Eagle Smart....is it worth it? It depends on what you are trying to achieve with a shaver. Does t shave as close as a blade? No. It does shave pretty close and is better for shaving a large area like your head than a standard electric. It works VERY well if you use it for wet shaving but it still does not get it BBS. If you shave with it you will get results that give you the appearance of a smooth head but you will still have that fine grit sandpaper feel . If you use it for those occasions when you are short on time or whatever reasons you would normally use an electric then I would recommend it. It does a great job for face shaving as well when used as a wet shaver. I have used mine daily...sometimes twice daily since April and have had great results but I want that BBS shave so I have switched to using a safety razor. I do the whole shower/soap/soap brush routine with the Bald Eagle or the DE razor because I have really learned to enjoy shaving since I started shaving my head, but even though I am still getting my technique together with the safety razor and am still slow with it I prefer the smooth shave I get with it over the shave I can get with an electric. Hope that helps you out.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 11:36:26 AM »
If your referring to the skull shaver then yes it is worth it, it is a great alternative to shaving

Offline jimmyc

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 07:04:46 AM »
I've had personal experience with it.  here is my rant - http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=16794.0

However, if the unit lasts longer than just over a year, it's really a razor blade alternative.  I'm going to give Andis profoil a try as I will never buy anything from skull shaver again.

Enter your email address: