Author Topic: 30 day log  (Read 10082 times)

Offline Reg

• Sly Jr.
Re: 30 day log
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 03:08:28 PM »
Decided to go back to a clippered/shaved look this evening after some deliberation. I know I did the right thing as I feel liberated and like myself when I see my reflection! Took a pic afterwards which is my new avatar. I've decided a no guard clipper length is optimal for me. Easy to maintain with a trim once a week and with my hair slightly on the dark side, strays a nice line between a bald look and having hair. So that in essence brings an end to my 30 day log or intent to be fully bald. I no longer feel the need to document reactions or how I feel about it anymore. It just works for me and there's not much more to it than that. In truth, the 30 day log never needed to be returned to, I had already completed it. I just didn't need to be clean shaven to realise it in my own way!

Current mood - liberated and feeling good about having a look that works for me, and not for everyone else. :)

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 06:30:19 PM »
Ahh....being content about one's hair...what a nice feeling!

Offline Reg

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 07:50:35 PM »
Definitely. I took it a step further today and electric shaved it off so pretty much smooth again haha. Probably one of my favourite shaves so far and with the convenience/sensation of a no guard. Good thing too, as I have recently thrown out my razors as I don't intend to shave my facial hair anymore. Just letting it grow into a beard and trim as I go with scissors around the edges. :)

Edit: Bought razors yesterday as I realised electric shave to get the smooth feel is actually higher maintenance than a standard against the grain lathered up shave. Lasts a full day of being smooth/no sandpaper rather than a matter of hours. For now I'm not fretting about it or seeing it as a challenge, I'm just going with it and what feels comfortable. For what it's worth though - I have noticed that nobody has batted an eyelid this time. Perhaps because I have been sly before so this is the more familiar look to them now anyway. That's how I see myself at least!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:07:33 AM by Reg »