Author Topic: Why did I wait? ... UPDATED  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Montana

• Sly Jr.
  • Get busy living
    • Life Inside Jack
Why did I wait? ... UPDATED
« on: April 29, 2017, 06:42:45 PM »
I knew that eventually I would be dealing with a hair issue. I committed to myself early that no matter what happened there would be no dyes, no comb-overs or strange rituals to making my hair look a certain way. When the "bridge" cut off the front little island on my head it was time to take it all off.

I'm very glad I did. My girlfriend loves it. I mean she looooooves it.

We're a kooky couple that live full-time in an RV. This keeps us mobile for Cat's work. Debt free, able to take off for the weekend at the beach or desert (we don't do cold weather) and she stays 15 minutes from the office. It's all good.

My ex loves the new look, my kids (adults now) are considering their opinions still but overall most folks haven't even noticed. I do contract work (artist) so I rarely see clients more than once after I complete the project.

I'm here to get tips on how to maintain this look, keep my scalp healthy looking and be positive encouragement to anyone thinking about taking the Big Step towards shaving it.

Montana
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:36:03 PM by Montana »

---
Love. Joy. Hope. Peace. Freedom.

Offline Montana

• Sly Jr.
  • Get busy living
    • Life Inside Jack
Re: Why did I wait? ..... UPDATED
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 01:35:18 PM »
An UPDATE:

Still shaving my head each morning. I have figured out the best routine for this. I have to shave my head twice to get the results that I want. But, totally worth the time spent.

I have tried the double edge straight razor and found that no matter what I tried it could not get the shave close enough. I have given up on this. I tried the Mach 3 razors and although they did a great job they didn't differentiate themselves from cheap Bic razors.

I used Cremo alone. I used Cremo and Softsoap and although it too worked ok it wasn't any more amazing that Barbasol that costs $1.39 at the store.

I tried my Remington 3 head rotary and this does a good job but isn't able to get as close as I want on the first try. So this is still in the mix, but I do this second.

The routine now is warm water all over my sexy head followed by a Barbasol / Softsoap mixture that creates a smooth and slippery feel up there. I then hit that with the "bag for $7" 2 blade razor and take down the tall stuff (not that tall I did it yesterday). I have to pull in several directions because my head looks like a cyclone up there so down in front, up in front, across the front ... you get the picture.

Then rinse with warm water.

Then re-lather just like before and now get the rotary warm enough and wet enough to get up there and take out the "lawnmower lines" I may have left behind. Also this turns in a circular pattern and it helps with the hairs that are growing in sideways or whatever it is that's happening up there.

I keep a razor in the shower, I do that second to shaving, in case I missed a spot that will torment me all day long. I can then just knock that spot out real quick and go on with my shower thoughts which is usually along the lines of "what would be different if dogs had pockets?"

Before shaving my head I'd shave twice to three times a month. I always had a "homeless" look to me. I wore baggy shorts and XL t-shirts and flip-flops.

Now I shave everyday, hit the gym often enough to know everyone and I have purchased shorts and tees that fit better. Still have the flip flops (I'm retired and I worked hard to be able to wear flippies everyday, so I'm gonna) and the flip-flop tan line on my feet.

It's strange that something like this could change so much of your personal routine and outlook but I keep the cranium tight and that has spilled over to the other stuff. Now, here's where it gets really good. I mean really good. My girl, Cat, loves this look. I mean she loves it. She loves the way the gym is shaping my arms and chest (I mean she loooooooves that) and the overall confidence boost has her friends all giggly when we are out at the clubs or just trolling the scene in Old Town. Cat feels proud and gets all that jealous vibe things chicks put down when their friends have a good thing going.

Trust me brothers when I tell you that she pays me devilishly for all that good stuff.

Shave it. Wear it. Own it. Live it. It's all good .... really good. ;)

---
Love. Joy. Hope. Peace. Freedom.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Why did I wait? ... UPDATED
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 02:59:37 PM »
Great looking bald head, Montana!. We share the bald and grey goatee look. Now if I could find a girl like yours.

Same here about the increased grooming. Before shaving my head, I only shaved my face a couple times a week. Now it has to match my head for that nice clean look. I also pay more attention to my clothes. I don't have many occasions to dress up, but I enjoy wearing a dress shirt and tie. It just looks good with a shaved head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!