Author Topic: New guy here w/ a few questions  (Read 7097 times)

Offline drake

• Learning the way of Sly
New guy here w/ a few questions
« on: March 23, 2007, 08:25:35 PM »
I've just recently started shaving my head. In fact, I've now shave it 4-5 times. I've a few product questions.

The products in question are: headblade's headlube "matte", l'oreal's healthy look spf 15 anti-pale skin moisturizer and bald guyz head wipes.

I'd like to use headlube "matte" to reduce the shine. I'd like to use l'oreal's product to develop some color. However, w/ both products being moisturizers, will using them together cause some unwanted affect? Such as, I don't know, make head shine more?

Finally, if I use the head wipes later in the day, will it remove the moisturizers?

thanks.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
Re: New guy here w/ a few questions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 08:44:25 PM »
To answer your questions:
1)I have never used two moisturizers in one day, But as far as my knowledge extends when it comes to shine, if you add extra moisturizer onto your head, its going to add extra shine as well unless its been designed specifically for the matte look.  As far as any other effects, it may cause your scalp to stay a little oilier than it would be otherwise, due to over moisturization and the lack of full obsorbtion of the product (your scalp can only obsorb so much moisturizer before like every other part of your body it is saturated, and the excess causes your skin to be oily)

2) Bald Guyz head wipes as far as I know are cool to use later in the day.  I know that after about 30/45 minutes, the Moisturizer is fully obsorbed into my skin, and I don't have to worry about it being wiped off or anything, and I doubt that Bald Guyz Head Wipes are going to do any undo drying of your scalp.

If you are looking to gain color, I recommend using HeadShade [HeadBlade sun screen designed specifically for your scalp] and sitting out in the sun for a little while each day.  HeadShade is only SPF 15, so it will allow you to get some color and not burn if your out in the sun for a couple of hours.  I live in Phoenix, and I have not burned yet while using it, but I have a nice golden brown color on my dome.

Now I do recommend one thing before you proceed and test this approach on your scalp:  Look at the L'oreal product to see if it is ok to use on your face regularly.  One thing you have to keep in mind, if you use products that are not specifically designed for use on your Face/Scalp, they could clog your Pores and you will have a big problem with Breakouts. 

Hope this helps.  and by the way, Welcome to the Fold drake.
Peace

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:08:18 PM »
Welcome to the board, Drake.
I use HeadLube Matte finish  & love it. I also just started using a L'Oreal Comfort Max SPF15 After Shave Balm. It has Vitamin E, a nice scent, and is supposedly good against red spots & bumps. I usually use the HeadLube, however if I'm going to be out in the sun at all during the day, I will likely use the L'Oreal. It seems like a good product (nice scent, too).

Still, I think the HeadBlade line of products is awesome and will use that as my #1 after shave.

Enjoy your time here on SBG.
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:36:02 PM »
Drake, Welcome to the forum, buddy!!

Haven't used those products personally.  Bottom line, you can't go wrong with HeadBlade stuff.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 06:13:49 AM »
Welcome Drake, glad to have you on board.  I'll second the Robmeister there, the HeadBlade products have proven to be great.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 03:16:09 AM »
Welcome Drake.  I'm a HeadBlad guy as well.  I use the HeadLube Matte everyday b/c I prefer the "non-glossy" look.  I use a different sunblock, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer, Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 55.  I'm pretty fair skinned so I prefer a higher SPF and it leaves my head looking dry and is not sticky.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of good advice from the rest of these guys.  Again, welcome to SBG.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 10:38:40 AM »
Welcome Drake!

I used HeadBlade Matte for the first time yesterday and really liked it.  I haven't used the other two products yet, so I can't comment on them.  But, I think I'm going to have to go get some Bald Guyz wipes to try out.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 03:43:13 PM »
Howdy Drake!

I'm new here too.  I love the HeadBlade products and use them exclusively so I haven't tried the wipes.  I start in the shower with HeadShed then HeadSlick then , after my shave I rinse with very cold water then dry my scalp.  That's when I apply a little ClearHead to get that tight scalp tingle!  Finish with HeadLube.  I don't know where I'd fit in using the wipes.  That's my routine.   !i#t

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
Howdy Drake!

I'm new here too.  I love the HeadBlade products and use them exclusively so I haven't tried the wipes.  I start in the shower with HeadShed then HeadSlick then , after my shave I rinse with very cold water then dry my scalp.  That's when I apply a little ClearHead to get that tight scalp tingle!  Finish with HeadLube.  I don't know where I'd fit in using the wipes.  That's my routine.   !i#t
First I have to Salute you Sgt O0... Now I will speak freely: The Wipes are for use whenever you would usually use a Hankerchief or a Bandana.  wipe the sweat from your brow, or just refresh your head when your heading to the chill spot after hitting up the Club  8).   
Peace

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 04:09:30 PM »
With summer approaching, I just bought some wipes to keep in the car and my desk drawer.  Never know when you're going to need to freshen up a bit.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 04:12:03 PM »
Gotchya!  Guess it would prolly wipe off the HeadLube then eh?
But with summer coming I might just have to try the wipes and see!  O:O

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline MR. CLEAN

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 04:16:05 PM »
Gotchya!  Guess it would prolly wipe off the HeadLube then eh?
But with summer coming I might just have to try the wipes and see!  O:O

Nothing to worry about.  At that point the HeadLube is already obsorbed into your scalp, and the wipes I doubt will be designed in a way that they dry out your skin.  Nothin' to worry about wiping off.   b@n*
Peace

Enter your email address: