Author Topic: Another guy *blessed* seborrheic dermatitis joining the group ! :)  (Read 3213 times)

Offline HelloFromMontreal

• Learning the way of Sly
Hello guys!  O0

I ran into the board by Googling some keywords related to "buzzcut" and "dandruffs". I've been looking into the posts of the forum and I must say it's a great and very active community here! I mostly browse motorcycle forums but i like the camaraderie here.

By browsing the forum I read that a lot of guys here had dandruffs before and they are now gone with going sly, which is GREAT! I want to do it some day but for the moment I still have a full head of hair and my girlfriend would already be pissed if I buzzed it no3 or no2 so I don,t want to go too balistic right now. Plus I like some stubble on my head, I just like the look.

So my question is, in your experience, do you think if I buzz it no 2 or no 3 every week and maintain the lenght, the dandruffs will stop or at least reduce ? Lot of guys seem to think the flaking stops with being sly because it exfoliates the skin but personally I think it's mostly due to the better exposition to the sun and light.

Sorry for the mistakes (i'm french canadian) and thanks for taking the time to read that :)  8)

Re: Another guy *blessed* seborrheic dermatitis joining the group ! :)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 10:25:37 PM »
Come on guys, 57 views, zero replies :P

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:28:48 PM »
Well you can "try" it and see what happens.  But just exposing the skin to the sun and the light will do nothing to exfoliate the dead skin off your scalp.  You have to scrub or scrape the dead skin off of your scalp.  When you shave you do this automatically.  But even if you buzz down to a #2 you will need to scrub your scalp with a stiff brush when you shampoo every night.  Also, you are going to want to use a medicated shampoo that contains either a coal tar (like in Neutrogena T-gel shampoo) or, salycylic acid and sulphur, or ketoconazole (nizoral shampoo)

Offline Quiet_Dan

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 03:15:08 AM »
I've never had hair dandruff problems, but when I really grew out my beard I was getting beard dandruff, and that cleared up amazingly using a proper beard shampoo/conditioner with beard oil (but I don't think that will help you unfortunately. but welcome! There is good sense of community, though not always the most active
God created only a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 03:40:59 AM »
Come on guys, 57 views, zero replies :P

Welcome, HFM!

You could tell your girlfriend about your issue. If you do go shorter, you could either see a dermatologist about a medicated shampoo, or start using some moisturizer on your head everyday (e.g. Nivea, Dove). Shorter stubbled hair like a no-guard or 1 guard will certainly get rid of a lot of flaking or whatnot that may be in your hair at the moment

P.S. Out of the 57 views that came before a response, most of those were probably lurkers who were not registered with the forum and therefore ineligible to post a response to your thread. (Eventually, 99% of the time, someone with knowledge on a subject will give a quick response)

Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 11:21:09 AM »
Welcome, I'm not sure how much a short buzzcut will help your problem, but I get dermatitis with 1 or 2 weeks growth. That is the main reason I shave my head daily. Even my doctor recommended that I keep my head shaved, he said it's the easiest way to avoid the dermatitis.

My dad's family were all French Canadians. Mostly from Quebec, now in Edmonton. I would like to visit those areas someday.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 11:03:58 PM »
Thanks guys for the answers. I'll try a no. 2 and see what happens! Anyway if it's terrible, I can wear a beanie all the time since it's winter time here in Montreal.

I'll tell you how it went !