Author Topic: Still want an earring  (Read 25844 times)

Offline okiebald

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Still want an earring
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2016, 08:03:36 PM »
Any updates from those considering piercings or adding any?  I have not pierced my ears btw yet, though still thinking about it.

Offline okiebald

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 03:17:14 PM »
After what seems like forever, I finally pierced my left ear this week. It feels-and, I think, looks- great. Wife has said nothing and my other hesitation, church, I haven't had to face yet.
I'll wait and see what happens next.
So thanks to all who've been encouraging. I already feel lopsided. What will happen next?
So anyone else taken the plunge?
When I figure out how to post pics, I will.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2017, 05:29:09 AM »
Yes, it's been a year and a quarter since you first mentioned  it here.

Did you have it done at a full fledged piercing shop or a mall shop?  Did you start with a stud? What kind?

Give it a full 8 weeks to heal before changing up to other pieces of jewelry.

Offline okiebald

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »
sent you a pm. thanks

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2017, 09:46:24 PM »
Stretched up to a 0 gauge tunnel today - wow, still pretty sore!  I don't know if I will go larger than this or not.

Any of you guys go to a 00 Gauge?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 08:35:04 AM »
Semi - how long id it take you to get to 0 gauge?
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2017, 01:34:05 PM »
Hello Slybeard:

Well, I did it what I  consider to be the "smart" way because I want to be able to shrink back to a less noticeable size if it turns out that I do not like it.

You can have your ear punched with a dermal punch and go pretty large right off the bat and spare yourself a lot of stretch suffering.  But, the punched out hole will be permanent and will never shrink down much below the size it was punched at.  Still, if you are sure that  you want an earring that is larger than the conventional pin hole, a dermal punch is the way to go.  One and done!  And it is no more painful than the conventional pin hole even though it would seem so visually!  I have had a dermal punch done and it wasn't bad at all.

If you go the stretching route, you can go rather quickly through the small sizes, about 2 to 3 weeks for each.  Once you get up to a 6 gauge it begins to get painful so please allow yourself at least full month before you to up again.  Two months is better, but if you manipulate the jewelry a lot to stretch your hole you can go as  fast as one a month.

I just went up to 0 guage last week and this time it is pretty painful.  It is still swollen and sore!

I have been told that if you try to move through the larger sizes too quickly you will likely wind up getting a blow-out on the back of your ear when you get up to the big sizes, (like an inch or more in diameter).

I have no intention of going really large.  I am trying to decide if I should stay here with the 0 gauge or if I should go up one more size to the 00 gauge.  What do you recommend?

I was in hospital twice already this year and both times they made me take out all of  my piercings.  The holes shrink really quickly so i had to start over twice.  the whole process has taken about one year.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »
I really like the tunnels, if only I was brave enough. Yours looks great.  However I don't think they look so good when the tunnel starts to make the lobe bigger than it was originally. So possibly stay as you are.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »
Semi-Sly, when I went from 8 to 6, I used the taper for about 5 minutes per day each day for about a month. Each day the taper went in a little further. After about 30 days, the 6 gauge ring just went it.  You don't have to cram the taper in and stretch a full size all in one sitting.

Your current size looks nice. Also like the small ring beside the plug.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2017, 11:58:26 PM »
None of the professional piercers I know or have used willallow the use of stretching tapers.