Author Topic: The gym and shaved heads  (Read 23370 times)

Offline KC

• Sly Jr.
Re: The gym and shaved heads
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 07:39:59 AM »
I'm a gym rat too and at least half of the guys who work out at my gym are sly or extremely buzzed regardless of when I workout.  Very short/shaved styles seem to go along with the persona.  As an active person, I could never see having any hair style that required a lot of maintenance and would get spoiled by way too much sweating.  Life is too short to worry about that.
"The Spirit of the Mercury Astronauts is Rekindled in Me!"

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 08:46:16 AM »
All the troopers from around here are at the gym and  - - -they are all SLY BALD   - - -who wants to bother with hair when there is little up there on the dome

KJTQ29

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
Going to the gym and being sly go together.  Working out builds confidence.  The sly look goes well with a fit body.

Offline KC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 05:26:32 AM »
Going to the gym and being sly go together.  Working out builds confidence.  The sly look goes well with a fit body.
Hopefully, you will be making it to the gym.  my friend.  Celebrate the soon to be new look with a more fit body!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:36:35 AM by KC »

KJTQ29

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »
Thanks, KC.  Started regularly going to the gym about 15 months ago.  Dropped 25 pounds and am toning up.  Noticed a lot of sly guys and got to thinking about it.  Will make the leap in a few weeks.

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
ok K, so I'm going to push....why in a few weeks?  why not tonight?  it's not all that big a deal once it's done - it's the way some of us turture ourselves prior that's the big deal.  do you pull the bandage off quickly and get it over with or sllllooowwllllyyy and feel each little hair on your skin as it gets yanked?   buzz it, hot shower, lather it up and then just scrape it off and get on with life.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:10:31 PM by sailor61 »
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 12:17:27 PM »
ok K, so I'm going to push....why in a few weeks?  why not tonight?  it's not all that big a deal once it's done - it's the way some of us turture ourselves prior that's the big deal.  do you pull the bandage off quickly and get it over with or sllllooowwllllyyy and feel each little hair on your skin as it gets yanked?   buzz it, hot shower, lather it up and then just scrape it off and get on with life.

He told you, weren't you listening? :/O

Thanks for the advice.  It is eating at me that the St. Baldrick's event is several weeks away.  I plan to shave smooth immediately after the event so that I get the full feeling of being sly.  As you can tell, I'm anxious to experience being sly.  It's hard to picture the actual end result, though.

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »
bad day and I'm cranky to boot.....missed that part.  my apologies
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline KC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 03:05:39 PM »
Thanks, KC.  Started regularly going to the gym about 15 months ago.  Dropped 25 pounds and am toning up.  Noticed a lot of sly guys and got to thinking about it.  Will make the leap in a few weeks.

Good job!!  Keep up the fine work you are doing.  I truly believe that working out is the true "Fountain of Youth" plus it gets you in shape to do whatever you want. 

KJTQ29

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »
TJ - don't worry about it!  No offense taken - we all have bad days.

Offline Johnny Foster

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 02:17:59 AM »
Another gym rat here - It's interesting to read so many posts about so many guys worrying if women will find them attractive ( or not ) because of their sly look / baldness...

As I am 47, been married twice ( currently separated ), the thing I've learned, finally is :

Why should any guy care if a woman finds them attractive or not ?

Be careful what you wish for ; although I've been with some great women in my life, it's come down to the fact that all of the trouble, hassle, game-playing, control issues, etc., etc., just haven't ended up being worth the amazingly hard work and trouble of finding, and then KEEPING, a woman in your life.

Some people claim that "hard work" and "lots of effort" are a must for this sort of "happiness" ( i.e., finding the right woman, attracting the right woman, keeping the right woman ). I completely disagree. When it becomes work, when you have to jump through hoops like a dog in order to "get" a woman in your life - at this point in my life - I no longer need the bother or hassle.

Bottom line : Guys who are stressed about wanting to attract the "right" woman - just quit. Quit trying to be attractive for them. Be attractive for you. Who gives a s#$% if women are attracted to you or not ? I am CERTAINLY not - not anymore. If I have to have hair to be "attractive" or "youthful" looking, then count me out. I work out for me. I eat right, keep my weight and lifestyle healthy FOR ME. Period. I'm sick of women thinking they can run the show in this respect. You can keep the women. I'm fine being alone, and not compromising myself or who I am, or how I live my life.

Perhaps if enough men took this attitude, women's attitudes about what is "attractive", might change.

Either way - I don't care anymore. Being alone is just fine with me, and I'll be damned if I'm going to jump through any hoops for women. Enough is enough, and I enjoy the peace and tranquility without the emotional and financial "money pit" that most women end up becoming, whether the men want to admit that truth or not.

And that's my rant for the evening.

All the best to you, guys !

- John.  :)

hairless joe

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 04:13:55 PM »
absolutley ditto

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »
Good post Johnny. I absolutely agree, more men should follow this.

Offline Johnny Foster

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 06:42:50 PM »
Thanks for the support, guys - I appreciate it.   :)

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 08:21:24 AM »
The sly look among bodybuilders has been popular for quite a while now because one of the side effects of many of the drugs they take is premature balding. They shave everything else so shaving their head is no big deal