Author Topic: "White Dome"  (Read 2673 times)

Offline dodger

• dodger
  • Sly Jr.
  • after
"White Dome"
« on: December 05, 2009, 09:01:09 AM »
Question: when I take off my hairpiece I am concerned about the PALE
LOOK (hasn't seen sun for 40 years)

My plan is to purchase a sunless tanning product so it will slowly improve the look 

Need some recommendations that could speed up the process

Once again, Thanks for Listening

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
Re: "White Dome"
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 10:49:26 AM »
First off.....avoid all tanning beds as you would avoid cancer. That's what they are and I'm glad you didn't mention them as an option.
I'm inclined to tell you that you should just allow the dome to gain color naturally. That is just my opinion. If the core of going sly is to be more natural then why not just let it happen over time. It won't take long and my belief is that you skin will thank you for your patience.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 11:06:33 AM »
Let nature take care of it, which means "cautious" exposure to sun--easy enough in the winter.  I am not over-fond of baking myself in the sun, so my dome and my lower regions did not take long to coordinate.  If your newly exposed skin is a pale as the inside of an Oreo, and the rest as dark as the cookie part--I don't think you'll succeed in matching the two with any particular potion. 

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 11:26:33 AM »
First off.....avoid all tanning beds as you would avoid cancer. That's what they are and I'm glad you didn't mention them as an option.
I'm inclined to tell you that you should just allow the dome to gain color naturally. That is just my opinion. If the core of going sly is to be more natural then why not just let it happen over time. It won't take long and my belief is that you skin will thank you for your patience.

I agree with Buddha 100%.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 01:24:04 PM »
I just tuffed it out getting in whatever sun I could.  It finally tanned up.  :)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Dome of Steele

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 02:28:33 PM »
The guys are right.  There is no magic bullet, use the cream, get some sun or whatever.  It will be evened out before you know it. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090813/sampff0212de70bbab6a.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 09:26:06 PM »
If you really want to use a tanniong product, some guys here have had good results with Jergens Natural Glow......
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 09:44:42 PM »
I just had my hairpiece removed this week and worried about the tan line as I went to Hawaii in September and came back pretty dark.   There was a definite line but a couple of days of applying a sunless tanning lotion and my scalp has caught up with the rest of my face.   I live in the Portland Oregon area so getting natural sun isn't going to happen until next July :-)   I'm using L'Oreal Body Expertise Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion, Medium Natural Tan.   Doesn't streak or turn orange and is about $10 a tube which lasts me a long time.   

Congrats on deciding to remove your system.   It took me a long time to make that decision.   Now I wish I would have made the decision to go sly before I stepped into the hair club salon the first time.   I'd be about $75,000 richer and like everyone on the forums says -- people know you wear a system, the only person you're fooling is yourself every time you write a check.    The relief and feeling of freedom is beyond words.  The confidence boost is unbelievable.  Plus you already know what you'll look like -- sitting there in the chair while your stylist takes your unit in to clean and tape it -- you have the opportunity to admire that sly dome before they tape that dead animal back on your head. 

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 03:00:07 PM »
I had a white section of my dome and after two months  - -it is gone