Author Topic: What Do You Guys Think of Teenage BBC Sly Guys?  (Read 4297 times)

Offline Josephthepencil

• Learning the way of Sly
What Do You Guys Think of Teenage BBC Sly Guys?
« on: October 04, 2017, 03:44:06 PM »
Hi
So I'm eighteen about to be BBC, I haven't got any sign of balding and my hair is actually quite thick but I think I'll suit the look so I'm doing it anyway. But I've heard it said on this forum that teens should hold onto their hair for longer until going sly.

So I thought I'd just release it as an open question.
What do you think of teenagers with full heads of hair going sly?

Offline Lasamin2609

• Sly Jr.
Re: What Do You Guys Think of Teenage BBC Sly Guys?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 09:52:51 PM »
Shave it! If you want...This is my opinion..
And me too 😁😁😁😁

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 09:33:17 AM »
Give it a shot. If you shave and like it, great. If not, you'll be able to grow it back.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Bizarro

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 01:57:08 PM »
Shave it! If you dont like it it will grow fast.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 12:16:52 AM »
A shaven head is a legitimate "hair style".  I really wish that I had tried it when I was your age. 

You should try it - but - remember the 30 day rule.

Offline Liam M

• Happily Pierced and Shaved
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 09:07:31 AM »
I would say shave it if you want to.

I had my head shaved from 11 to 17 (parent's choice), then grew hair out but didn't like it, and by 19 I was bald again. My girlfriend likes it that way, and so it's staying! My brother is now 18 and is just the same as me. 

There's nothing wrong with teenage guys having or wanting shaved heads. There are a few stereotypes about us, but ultimately you have to be yourself and do as you want to do. 

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 09:19:57 AM »
My brother shaved his head quite often as a teen. If you want to do it, go for it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 09:26:50 AM »
I agree that a head shave is just another hairstyle, but for teens, I think they should consider and respect the opinions and restrictions of their parents.  While many parents allow their teen to choose the hairstyle of their choice, that are also many parents who place restrictions and limits on those choices.

It sounds like @Liam M did not have a choice when he went BBPC (bald by parents choice) at age 11, but since it was the "norm" in his family it probably was not a big deal for him.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:02:29 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Liam M

• Happily Pierced and Shaved
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »
It sounds like @Liam M did not have a choice when he went BBPC (bald by parents choice) at age 11, but since it was the "norm" in his family it probably was not a big deal for him.

That's true, I didn't have a choice in that matter. At that point in time, only my stepdad had a shaved head, and it was a big deal for me for about 2 weeks while I got used to it, but after that, it was a non-issue and I really came to enjoy having it that way. I can't imagine looking different nowadays.

I see no harm in a teenager trying out a shaved head, especially if they are 18+, or even 16+ in the UK.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 04:56:34 AM »
go ahead and do it.     Many many years ago at your age I wanted that look but never quite did it.  short buzz though.  These days shaved heads is far more common,  Do it. 

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 10:33:27 PM »
I am a professional barber and I rarely see a guy that age with a shaved head.  Most teenage guys are so terribly self-conscious and and lack self confidence that they don't have the cojones to try anything new!

Personally, I think that a lot of my teenage customers would look great with a shaved dome and I wouldn't blink if they chose that as a hairstyle.

Offline Sly14

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 04:08:59 PM »
I am a professional barber and I rarely see a guy that age with a shaved head.  Most teenage guys are so terribly self-conscious and and lack self confidence that they don't have the cojones to try anything new!

Personally, I think that a lot of my teenage customers would look great with a shaved dome and I wouldn't blink if they chose that as a hairstyle.

Well, that's some random spanish  :*)) :*)) :*)) :*))