Author Topic: Do it and never look back  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Keith183

• Sly Jr.
Do it and never look back
« on: September 28, 2017, 06:39:01 PM »
I've been shaving my thinning/receding head for about 7 years. I loved it from day one and still smile after a fresh razor shave.
I stopped shaving my head to see how much gray I’ve accumulated and how much hair was lost. After about a week, I had that head scruff Jason Statham look. Not much changed, really, in those 7 years. So, I decided to apply SBG 30-day rule to regrowing my hair. As grew, it & I looked terrible, imho. After about 10 days, I got used to it but I just didn’t like it. But, I kept going. After more than 3 weeks, I finally shaved my head again. Words cannot express how happy and rejuvenated I was.
Lessons learned: 30-day rule applies and is so true...but only for shaving and not regrowing. The mental change of being bald, that occurs after the initial shaving shock wears off, is very powerful.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Do it and never look back
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 07:34:15 PM »
Hey Keith, I know exactly what your saying. I haven't shaved my head for nearly two months. I'm working with a dermatologist regarding acne like breakouts. I've kept it trimmed in a short crewcut, but this hair is driving me crazy. The urge to shave is pretty constant, but I have a few more weeks of applying medication to the scalp. Today I clipper shaved the sides and back. Since the medication isn't working, and I don't want to do antibiotic pill therapy, daily shaving is the only cure. It won't be long before I break out the DE razor and get back to a nice smooth head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 05:59:37 AM »
I can agree.  BBC here. If I'm busy and don't shave my head for a week ... about 5-6 days is about all I can stand. It does confirm that my hair line is not receding or thinning, and that the head hair is not grey or white (although beard is almost all white now).

Approaching 6 years BBC.  Still my favorite hair style. Now I get razzed at work if I miss a few days and start to show stubble! LOL.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 09:17:13 AM »
Rapidly approaching 2 years bbc, shave daily. The only time ive ever missed a day was while i was on a camping trip last summer, and that only because i prefer to shave in the shower. Yeah, there is such a thing as a camp shower, but they dont have enough water capacity for much more than a quick washdown. Anyway, back on subject, when i got home at the end of the trip, i couldnt wait to hop in the shower and get rid of that horrible stubble.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 01:10:30 PM »
I have done the same thing a few time just to see how my MPB has progressed.  I had a strong desire to be smooth again each time.
SlyBeard