Author Topic: Looking to meet other SBG's and visit great barbershops  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
Looking to meet other SBG's and visit great barbershops
« on: August 07, 2017, 10:50:55 PM »
Hello:

I am making a "once in a lifetime" kind of motor trip.  I am starting out next Monday the 13th and will be on the road for an entire month.
  It would be cool to meet up with some of you SBG's.
  Also, I would like to make a point of getting a barbershop headshave in each State I visit!

From Monday the 13th through August the 19th I will be driving from Chicago to Seattle. 
- If I take the northern route I will pass through Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana and then Washington
- If I take the Southern route I will pass through Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, (maybe Utah) and Oregon.

If any of you SBG's would like to hook up for a cup of coffee, please contact me before I leave.

And Please, if any of you know of any great barbershops to visit for a hot towel shave along my route Please contact me before I leave.

Thanks,

Randy

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Looking to meet other SBG's and visit great barbershops
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 03:29:16 AM »
Let me know if you decide to go further south through the San Francisco area.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 10:47:47 AM »
Hello Tyler:

Right now the plan is to drive from Seattle to Reno so I don't think that I will be coming through SF. 

I will spend about 10 days in the Reno area (at Burningman) and then going to try to shoot over to LA to visit a friend who was very, very seriously injured in a motorcycle accident about 7 months ago. 

After LA I need to get down to Yuma, AZ because my dentist is right accross the border in Algodones, MX.  My route from LA to Yuma can be whatever I want it to be.  I  think that this time I will drive by way of San Diego to Yuma.

I would really like to meet as many SBG's as possible and also really need good recommendations for barbershop headshaves all along my route.  I want to make this a "headshave safari"!

Randy

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 03:49:03 AM »
If things change, let me know.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 04:05:15 AM »
See if you can catch reddog and baldjoe while you are in Minneapolis/St. Paul.  They both live in the St. Paul area of the cities.

I missed them during my visit there this summer, but I've had lunch with them almost every year when we viist family in the area.

One month around the country tour is pretty fast. That's a lot of driving.  My family has been back and forth to Alaska a number of times and that's a long drive too.  We usually took 2 weeks each direction and that felt like a rush.

If you can visit Northern Idaho, it's worth the drive there. Only 60 miles of interstate across the state but it's beautiful.  We like to overnight at Kellogg.

And Mt. Rushmore is a nice side trip. It's an impressive monument.

Enter your email address: