Author Topic: would you get SMP done for that 5 oclock shadow  (Read 5086 times)

Offline SSL87

• Learning the way of Sly
would you get SMP done for that 5 oclock shadow
« on: July 26, 2017, 02:52:21 AM »
I've been looking into this for about a year...  and its a pretty neat procedure to get back the look of a full head of hair... Basically they just replicate that shadow effect where you no longer have hair growing anymore.. and blend it seamlessly into your existing hair / shadow... matching your shade perfectly..... so in the end.. it looks like you have a full head of hair that was just shaven or buzzed real close...  its undetectable.....

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: would you get SMP done for that 5 oclock shadow
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 08:33:49 AM »
I am sure SirHarry will reply, because he has had this done.  I have see some guys with good results, if the shadow look is what you want.  I will give you a few things to think about before you take that step:

1.  Your MPB will likely continue, so you will have to repeat the SMP to fill in the newly bald areas.

2.  At some point, your hair will turn gray and the shadow will disappear.  Then you will need to get SMP done all the way down the sides and back.

3.  If you hair does turn gray and the shadow disappears, you loose the option to be shadow free.

3.  I have heard that the SMP will fade over time and will require touch-up.
SlyBeard

Offline gwsmallwood

• Sly
  • AZ Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 08:45:03 AM »
I went in the other direction.  Laser treatments.  My shadow is much less pronounced.

Offline SSL87

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 10:40:45 AM »

1.  Your MPB will likely continue, so you will have to repeat the SMP to fill in the newly bald areas.

2.  At some point, your hair will turn gray and the shadow will disappear.  Then you will need to get SMP done all the way down the sides and back.

3.  If you hair does turn gray and the shadow disappears, you loose the option to be shadow free.

3.  I have heard that the SMP will fade over time and will require touch-up.

1. It won't continue... I've been the same way for over 10 years with my baldness.. whatever was supposed to stop growing because of MPB.. already has.

2. The shadow never vanishes even if your hair turns grey.. it just a lighter shadow.

3. Yes it fades but usually lasts up to 5 years... That's like going to get a hair cut once every 5 years. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:47:10 AM by SSL87 »

Offline Jordan1991

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 08:47:15 PM »
Not for me personally. Ive seen plenty of people that have had it done and it just looks way too obvious.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 04:26:38 AM »
I've been looking into this for about a year...  and its a pretty neat procedure to get back the look of a full head of hair... Basically they just replicate that shadow effect where you no longer have hair growing anymore.. and blend it seamlessly into your existing hair / shadow... matching your shade perfectly..... so in the end.. it looks like you have a full head of hair that was just shaven or buzzed real close...  its undetectable.....

Sorry to wait so long to reply, but I have been away from home for various reasons and the internet just sucks ash in some places

I had the procedure done two years ago. It was more to conceal surgical scars from keloids and cysts, but for cost effective reasons, I had my MPB area done as well. So far so good, there has been slight fading, but in most cases, the technician will go a little darker to allow the ink to fade to fit your natural hair color.

Should you or anyone go through with this, the key is to shop around and ask to see the artist's work. Also, be sure to follow the aftercare and maintenance instructions. Proper care of your procedure could result in it lasting a decade or longer.

Best of luck in what you decide. P.S. I hope you're right about your MPB reaching it's limit if there is such a thing ;)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 12:19:50 AM »
Im bbc, so its not needed. But i like the totally smooth look enough that even if i were bbn, i would seek out ways to reduce what shadow i have rather than enhance it
Bald by chioce, never going back

Enter your email address: