Author Topic: "Where I'm going I don't need 30 days..."  (Read 18170 times)

Offline Jae

• Learning the way of Sly
"Where I'm going I don't need 30 days..."
« on: July 15, 2017, 03:09:21 AM »
Hi everyone,

Excuse the poorly paraphrased Back To The Future quote, but I was trying (badly) to make the point that since removing my receding hair, about three weeks ago, I've never once looked back or thought that I'd need to follow the 30-day rule as I was immediately liberated.

That's not to say that I don't believe in the 30-day trial, of course, just that I immediately knew that going sly was the best possible decision for me, and I love it! I've even had one or two compliments about looking younger, etc., so if that's not confirmation that I've done the right thing, I don't know what is.

I'd also like to, if I may, give a huge vote of thanks to those who are always quick to offer advice or a compliment to the newly sly. It can be a huge decision and there's a great deal of trepidation involved, but I'm yet to see a forum more supportive of their fellow posters than this one.

Finally, if it's OK - I've posted a couple of pics (before and after). Forgive me for the slightly arty black and white shot. I've always hated photos of myself, but since the hair went I can actually bare to have a pic taken and like it too!

Thanks all. Warmest regards.

Jae

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
Re: "Where I'm going I don't need 30 days..."
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 04:11:13 AM »
Welcome Jae. looking good

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 09:58:29 AM »
You do look (slightly) younger. I also knew almost right away that sly was the tight chioce for me, although iypts not because of a receding hairline, since im bbc. For me, it was that i liked how i look bald sooooo much better than any other hairstyle choice ive ever tried.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »
Big improvement.

I also did not need 30 days, but it did take that long to learn how to shave it well.
SlyBeard

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 03:58:49 PM »
Really nice BW photo!

Nothing to be ashamed of.  Bald heads are designed to 'show off'!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 11:19:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Zooman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 07:39:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum Jae!  That's quite a transformation and a great new look for you.  O0

Offline Jae

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 10:36:07 AM »
Thanks everyone. To be fair the original photo is a few years old (not a fan of having my photo taken, as I mentioned) and my hair had receded further since then. The interesting thing now is I'm trying to stop my hair growing back rather than lose it!

One thing I will say, though, is I genuinely feel much better this way, more confident, more comfortable in my own skin. It's....fantastic! I'd have done it anyway, but it's definitely great to log on and read all the stories on here. Reinforces my decision. Here's to Sly forever!

Thanks again,

Jae

P.S. Just bought a HeadbBlade (currently use the Wahl Balding clippers) - thought I'd go proper Sly for my forthcoming holiday.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »
Welcome to the club. Looks good!
Hair is over rated.

Offline amatlock2778

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 09:29:47 AM »
That headblade will take some getting used to. I have one myself, and used it for about a month, then ended up going back to my old mach 3. Now i tend to only use the headblade if i forget to buy fresh cartriges for the  mach 3. It eorks just fine, infact i get a great smooth shave. But it just feels really awkward to me.
Bald by chioce, never going back

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 08:24:47 AM »
Hi everyone,

Excuse the poorly paraphrased Back To The Future quote, but I was trying (badly) to make the point that since removing my receding hair, about three weeks ago, I've never once looked back or thought that I'd need to follow the 30-day rule as I was immediately liberated.

That's not to say that I don't believe in the 30-day trial, of course, just that I immediately knew that going sly was the best possible decision for me, and I love it! I've even had one or two compliments about looking younger, etc., so if that's not confirmation that I've done the right thing, I don't know what is.

I'd also like to, if I may, give a huge vote of thanks to those who are always quick to offer advice or a compliment to the newly sly. It can be a huge decision and there's a great deal of trepidation involved, but I'm yet to see a forum more supportive of their fellow posters than this one.

Finally, if it's OK - I've posted a couple of pics (before and after). Forgive me for the slightly arty black and white shot. I've always hated photos of myself, but since the hair went I can actually bare to have a pic taken and like it too!

Thanks all. Warmest regards.

Jae

Welcome to the club; big improvement.  Hope you enjoy your new freedom.

I've always thought guys thinning hair and baldy receded hairlines look unhealthy, almost weak. The #000 buzz or shave sends out a position of strength, IMHO.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 07:36:04 PM »
The new look suits you well! 

Offline Jae

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 01:14:19 PM »
Hi all,

Thanks for all your comments. Sorry for the slow reply (on holiday at the moment), but I have given the Headblade a go and I have to say, I love it. So easy to use, but as I'm more bald by choice (apart from at the front)than actually fully balding I do tend to use it every other day. Not that I mind as it's very satisfying.

Anyway, I've attached a poorly taken pic of the shaved bald me.

Cheers all.

Jae

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 10:24:10 AM »
Welcome Jae.

What a great transformation. You are definitely rocking the bald head.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 12:14:54 PM »
looks strong. enjoy.